(Topic ID: 58864)

Williams Jalopy 1951 Cabinet Colors?

By SteveinTexas

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have a Williams Jalopy 1951 pinball that is working well that I am restoring. It needs repainting in the original colors.

It was painted white and the old paint removed when i bought it. I have reviewed the internet for pictures and have a good idea of the requirements but I need if possible, better pictures to work out exactly how to prepare.

If someone has a Jalopy Pinball I wonder if they could send me some pictures of the cabinet sides and front and head sides and back i would appreciate it. The exact colors are a guess also.

If someone could help I would appreciate.

#3 10 years ago

Hi John,

I actually saw the listing a week ago and did email him for his help. He has not responded yet.

I am currently repairing the sides filling etc in anticipation of some good pictures. Getting the chequer flags correct may be the biggest challenge. the pictures on the web are distorted so it is difficult to proporation them correctly without a few other examples to check against.

On preparing the head I found a small piece of the yellow and blue main color that was not removed (I mean small). I used color cards to get a close copy so I am close I think.

Steve

#5 10 years ago

Hi DirtFlipper,

These are the reference pictures that I have on file that I have based everything so far on. Thanks for the hyperlink. I will contact the other owners that is a good idea.

Steve

#7 10 years ago

Of the three listed one is me and another is listed as wants one. The other is in Europe and I have contacted him so fingers crossed.

Steve

#8 10 years ago

I reviewed again JKnPA's link again to pinball's on sale and what do you know a second Jalopy was on sale. This gentleman immediately sent me a bunch of pictures what has gone along way to me getting the colors and markings resolved. So thank you for the help and pointers.

Steve

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the re-post Dirt flipper. I misunderstood the pointer to look on pinball owners website.

I contacted the local owner in Texas with a Jalopy and he is a large collector and part of the Lone Star pinball (LSPA) Association. Dan Ferguson invited me yesterday to visit and full access to his Jalopy pinball.This was very helpful. Although it was painted over before he got it. The faint lines from the original paint were found with some paint remover. along with small paint patches that confirmed the paint color against some paint reference cards. Dan is a very interesting person, a mind full of pinball knowledge and has all era's of machines and other arcade stuff to the present. as the Jalopy is quite simple to paint I have sufficient data to make stencils.

I was also able to confirm correct wiring of the door coin mechanism and credit unit wiring for replacement parts I had previously purchased as I did not have these parts. I have the machine now I believe 100% mechanically whole and can restore close to the original item when nearly new.

Thank you for the pointer.

Steve.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jalopy-1951-cabinet-colors?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.