View topic image gallery

Adjust (resized).png
16863443071141900049944189202609 (resized).jpg
16863442400235556215217572072671 (resized).jpg
Capture3 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 9 months ago

Hi there,

Helping my friend with his Williams Jackpot that he recently purchased. It seems to give an extra ball randomly and frequently. We cannot seem to replicate it or figure out what is causing it. Has anyone had this issue or know what it could be?

#2 9 months ago

There are a few different circuits that could cause this. A good place to start would be to move this small Jones plug in the back box from Extra Ball to Replay and see if the problem changes to random replays.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 9 months ago

When the problem occurs, does it light "Same Player Shoots Again" light between the flippers (or the similar light on backglass) ?
Or is the game not advancing ball-in-play and/or player-up properly?

Similar approach to HowardR above I suppose, but requires a (verified) working bulb vs. moving an adjustment plug.

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffc:

When the problem occurs, does it light "Same Player Shoots Again" light between the flippers (or the similar light on backglass) ?
Or is the game not advancing ball-in-play and/or player-up properly?
Similar approach to HowardR above I suppose, but requires a (verified) working bulb vs. moving an adjustment plug.

Yes it is lighting up with "Same player shoots again" we have tried moving that plug and have the same issue.

#5 9 months ago

An easy explanation might be:
a) the lock-in switch on the extra ball relay is gapped too close? (circled in black) [a yellow-black wire and a grey-black wire]
b) the make switch on one of the make-break switches on the 5000 relay is always closed or gapped too close? (circled in red) [a yellow-red wire and a grey-blue wire]

But I will admit I'm not familiar with Jackpot's gameplay, I've not seen how these mechanical slot reels work and there are other ways to engage the extra ball relay (such as via the blue arrow).

That you are seeing the problem with the E.B. vs. Replay adjustment plug in either position suggests to me to ignore the blue path(s) (for now).

Capture3 (resized).PNGCapture3 (resized).PNG

#6 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffc:

An easy explanation might be:
a) the lock-in switch on the extra ball relay is gapped too close? (circled in black) [a yellow-black wire and a grey-black wire]
b) the make switch on one of the make-break switches on the 5000 relay is always closed or gapped too close? (circled in red) [a yellow-red wire and a grey-blue wire]
But I will admit I'm not familiar with Jackpot's gameplay, I've not seen how these mechanical slot reels work and there are other ways to engage the extra ball relay (such as via the blue arrow).
That you are seeing the problem with the E.B. vs. Replay adjustment plug in either position suggests to me to ignore the blue path(s) (for now).
[quoted image]

Thank you! I took a look and they seem fine. Now the match unit is stuck on and buzzing.

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from YourGuyBri:

Thank you! I took a look and they seem fine. Now the match unit is stuck on and buzzing.

Nevermind, fixed the buzzing. Still giving us random extra balls on random matching symbols.

16863442400235556215217572072671 (resized).jpg16863442400235556215217572072671 (resized).jpg
#8 9 months ago

Also any idea what this feature adjustment does?

16863443071141900049944189202609 (resized).jpg16863443071141900049944189202609 (resized).jpg
#9 9 months ago

Moving the tip from the top row to the bottom row adds 1 replay/ball each.

Adjust (resized).pngAdjust (resized).png

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from YourGuyBri:

Still giving us random extra balls on random matching symbols.

IIRC: Same Player Shoots Again is awarded…

A) for a high score, when jack is set to “Extra Ball” and the high score is set.

B) for game over match, when jack is set to “Extra Ball” and score is matched.

C) when the reel position has lit “Special” and the player collects it by rollover/eject and the jack is set to “Extra Ball” and the feature adj. is set.

D) when the reel position has lit “5000” and the player collects it by rollover/eject.

You eliminated A/B/C in your response to HowardR. That leaves you with jeffc’s post. Time to put slips of paper in all those switches…

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

IIRC: Same Player Shoots Again is awarded…
A) for a high score, when jack is set to “Extra Ball” and the high score is set.
B) for game over match, when jack is set to “Extra Ball” and score is matched.
C) when the reel position has lit “Special” and the player collects it by rollover/eject and the jack is set to “Extra Ball” and the feature adj. is set.
D) when the reel position has lit “5000” and the player collects it by rollover/eject.
You eliminated A/B/C in your response to HowardR. That leaves you with jeffc’s post. Time to put slips of paper in all those switches…

I was the one who sold you the game. My son spent a lot of time on trying to track the problem down. Of the 4 mentioned ‘B’ was not investigated.

Mike V

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Various Novelties
arcade-cabinets.com
Various novelties
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jackpot-giving-too-many-extra-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.