• indy 22 votes
    30%
  • acdc 40 votes
    54%
  • sell others and get acdc 12 votes
    16%

(74 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

have been debating selling my indy to get an acdc. just cant make up my mind. give me good reasons for which one, in your opinion, is the better machine to have. no thumbs down to anyone's opinion please!!!! thank you for all input.

#2 11 years ago

oops quick update, acdc premium, not a pro.

#3 11 years ago

BBH LE for sure.

#4 11 years ago

i know a couple people who would agree with you

#5 11 years ago

Sell TOTAN & buy a ACDC Premium.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sell TOTAN & buy a ACDC Premium.

Now THAT makes sense!

#7 11 years ago

The Pro is nice as well - you can live without the lower PF and it is fast as Hell. In that case, perhaps you can keep IJ ?

#8 11 years ago

Keep IJ.

#9 11 years ago

this is an easy question, ac/dc is a better game.

#10 11 years ago

just a bump for this, would like more input thanks for all replies. totan i like more than indy, it wont be leaving, but thanks for your input.

#11 11 years ago

Depends on what you like to drive: a mini-van (IJ) or a sports car (AC/DC)?

#12 11 years ago

Abacus don't pull punches and stop beating around the bush...
Tell us how you feel about BBH?

#13 11 years ago

Not sure what people see in ACDC, but each to there own.

#14 11 years ago

Indy is a great game and has stood the test of time, AC/DC is just the current hot game, it will burn out and fade away!!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Depends on what you like to drive: a mini-van (Stern) or a sports car (Williams)?

Fixed that for ya!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Not sure what people see in ACDC, but each to there own.

That sucks for you. I could sell all my pins(& I've sold 6 in the past year)& keep my BIB & wouldn't mind it. It's that good.

#17 11 years ago

Really? ...you're going to misquote me and try turn this in a Stern vs. Williams post? FWIW, I've owned both machines, and I've owned way more Williams titles than Stern titles, but I digress. It all comes down to personal prefernce, ebjimmyg. I loved IJ while I had it, but it got old for me. I sold it to help fund my AC/DC Prem. and Tron Pro and I'm glad I did. If you're getting tired of IJ and have even a small desire to get AC/DC, my experience has shown me that I'm not happy until you I get the one I want...i.e. you'll do it eventually.

#18 11 years ago

Keep IJ and sell others to fund it.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Fixed that for ya!

Now that you fixed it the analogy no longer makes sense. Unless you're saying that all Stern's are big and slow and all Williams are sleek and fast? Pretty sure he was making a machine to machine comparison.

To the question of the thread. Do you want a longer, epic adventure pin or a fast, kick your butt pin? IMO these are 2 pins where the gameplay represents the themes very well.

#20 11 years ago

I own them both and I would go for AC/DC if I were you. Right now there aren't many games like it, and you could get one NIB, which is an added bonus. You can always add Indy back later by selling some other games. There are plenty of them out there if you decide you want one back.

#21 11 years ago

The two games are so different that it all really comes down to personal preference. One is a based on a movie, the other on a rock band. One is mode based, the other is points based. One has three video modes, the other has none. I could keep going and going ...

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Indy is a great game and has stood the test of time, AC/DC is just the current hot game, it will burn out and fade away!!

+1

As soon as Metallica is released people will forget about AC/DC. The game is pretty sweet though!

#23 11 years ago

Consider Avatar? Seriously, sell them all & buy an island in the Caribbean!

#24 11 years ago

no avaturd!!!! but thanks for the island idea

#25 11 years ago

Indy 500 is a great game , plenty of modes ,fast and its the family's favorite .We have had it over a year and nobody's won the race yet.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Indy 500 is a great game , plenty of modes ,fast and its the family's favorite .We have had it over a year and nobody's won the race yet.

indiana jones is what i was talking about, sorry lol

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

+1
As soon as Metallica is released people will forget about AC/DC. The game is pretty sweet though!

and that is another factor, would rather see metallica, depends on if it plays as nice as acdc does.

#28 11 years ago

Two completely different games. Not even comparable in my mind.

I'd keep them both seriously. I've had only one pin for the last eight months - IJ. My next is probably going to be an AC/DC. I think they compliment each other very well.

Keep 'em.

#29 11 years ago

I would only get AC/DC if you are in love with the music. The game is pretty fun, and the light show is fantastic, but its not a keeper in my mind. There is also nothing new or exciting about the execution in that game. Its just a standard classic Ritchie game that has been modernized. I would still take Tron over AC/DC, but I wouldn't sell IJ for either of these games.

At the end of the day I am not sure what anyone can say here though, because you can only satisfy your own tastes. I would be more interested in hearing exactly why you are having a hard time deciding. What are the aspects of each game you love, what are your expectations, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

16,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indy-or-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.