Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Very similar in price if I want a mint Indiana. Which is the better choice for having one game and for future value?

#2 5 years ago

I had Indy. Sold it . Sure, it’s a great pin, but does not have the depth of code, lighting etc that POTC has. I think in a home environment you’ll have much more to do in POTC. Both great pins, I think you should spend some time on both of them and pick the theme you enjoy most

#3 5 years ago

I have both and they are the two absolute permanent keepers of my six pins of space in my house but if I had to pick one........JJPOTC. It is simply amazing in all ways! Both have a lot to do but you have 25 years of advancement on JJPOTC and they just nailed every aspect of the game.

#4 5 years ago

The JJP POTCLE is similar in price to a Williams Indy Jones? I thought the LE was like 12K or something.

#5 5 years ago

It’s really hard to find a mint IJ. I have a HEP one that I love and will never sell.

I’m getting a POTC, but would never take it over IJ.

I would get the IJ now, and then buy a POTC HUO one later.

#6 5 years ago

If your going to add the color dmd and pinsound to the Indy, Indy wins.

I think it may be the best overall package when it comes to theme integration.

#7 5 years ago

IMHO, IJ TPA.

#8 5 years ago

Replace pirates with IJ theme and you have the winner! Seriously though IJ gameplay is such a let down to me that I would go pirates but I wish that wasn't the case as IJ could be the best theme of all time

#9 5 years ago

I got my Indy about 6 months ago. I will agree that the color dmd on Indy makes all the difference. First thing I did to it. It is a truly a timeless classic.

Pirates LE is 9500 plus shipping. However there are not a lot out there and supposedly production is over with potentially no new run ever. That means there will be a lot less pirates out there than Indy to find down the road.

Theme for me is paramount with a pin. Even if the layout and gameplay is great I can’t get past a theme that I don’t love to purchase. Both of these themes are perfectly executed and incredible to play. No real wrong answer.

#10 5 years ago

Both are amazing and loaded pins. I would choose Pirates (and did) partially due to the deep ruleset design and technology offered in the game that is implemented in unique ways. Indy has always felt a bit too cluttered and closed off towards the middle / upper part of the game for my taste and I love widebody pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-or-jjp-potcle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.