• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinphila
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sparty_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

Williams Indiana Jones full set of Screened original Decals

Added: 2016-03-21 20:00:54 UTC • Ended: May 20th, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 400

Cleaning out the pin closet and decided I probably won't get another IJ, so they are up for sale. These are the original screened full set and have been laying flat in storage in a large cardboard holder safely away from damage in a climate controlled environment. I will take 400.00 shipped in the U.S for the set. Again, these are not unlicensed remakes, but the original screened set. If pics are needed let me know. Feel free to call with questions. Aaron ###-###-#### [phone number removed]

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ulmpharmd's market stats.

gold Seller Level

ulmpharmd has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ulmpharmd's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bossier City, LA, US

#2 8 years ago

Not an unreasonable price, I must admit. Somebody needs 'em, I'm sure.

#3 8 years ago

But who made these? Williams never made any, so they can't be 'original' - and over the last 10+ years, there have been several companies making repros of varying quality.

#4 8 years ago

They came directly from Planetary who bought all of the things that were made for the original games....so yes these are original, not copies by another company.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

They came directly from Planetary who bought all of the things that were made for the original games....so yes these are original, not copies by another company.

Planetary made them from the original screens.

They are not original decals from the original run, as the original run were screened directly on the side of the wood cabinet.

Having said that, these are the highest quality sets made.

#6 8 years ago

No, planetary did not make these, they came from Gene when Rick and them bought the rights. I know because they actually had to search through inventory they had attained to piece sets together and cull through messed up pieces to get my set. And as far as the screened cabs go, ask a few restorers about IJ cabinets, as they do look like they are screened to wood, but most I have seen were screened decals. I believe Brian Kelly talked about this during his IJ restore thread ....anyway, do you want to buy them or what? Lol

#7 8 years ago

No the didn't, they all came from me

I unlike Gene paid Lucas arts for the license and supplied PPS with inventory

Gene ran them without a license it is possible some were in Genes possession at ipbs end

I can tell you Genes had a flaw in the films through the sun, ours didnt

#8 8 years ago

Well, whoever they originated from, it was not Planetary and they are screened and look amazing...so thanks for doing them then if they came from you Ballypinball, they look great and are for sale

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Planetary made them from the original screens.

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

No, planetary did not make these, they came from Gene when Rick and them bought the rights. I know...

Quoted from Ballypinball:

No the didn't, they all came from me

sparty_(resized).jpgsparty_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago

Too funny. Who gives a f*ck who made them, as long as they are screened and are licensed by Williams?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Too funny. Who gives a f*ck who made them, as long as they are screened and are licensed by Williams?

Because some were nicer than others, even though they were licensed, and some seconds (you'll always get imperfections in pieces in a run) may be sold as firsts by some vendors.

I've never had an issue with ones bought from Ballypinball.

#12 8 years ago

If there an adhesion issue after too many years. My first thought would be to use Rapid Tac anyway. Any insight? I have had an IJ with faded cab and good pf forever.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Because some were nicer than others, even though they were licensed, and some seconds (you'll always get imperfections in pieces in a run) may be sold as firsts by some vendors.
I've never had an issue with ones bought from Ballypinball.

Bingo. That is the key. I was trying to ascertain the source because some are really good, some are really bad, and some fall in between.

I am no BK, but I've done my fair share of restoration work and am knowledgeable on the subject, hence the line of questioning.

I have one more IJ left to restore, but I think I'll pass, thanks!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Bingo. That is the key. I was trying to ascertain the source because some are really good, some are really bad, and some fall in between.
I am no BK, but I've done my fair share of restoration work and am knowledgeable on the subject, hence the line of questioning.
I have one more IJ left to restore, but I think I'll pass, thanks!

I'll just say this, John, I've met and dealt with ulmpharmd (his name is Aaron). I'm not sure if Aaron knows what he has, hell, I don't know what he has, but he would never knowingly screw you. He's a super nice guy.

#15 8 years ago

@ Taxman-
I've used RapidTac (and Rapid Remover) for all of my cabinet decal restoration work (15+ years) and couldn't be happier with it. Some like it wet, and some like it dry.

It all depends on your level of anxiety when applying decals, and the effort you want to expend to make the cabinet as perfect as possible before application. I spent 6 months getting my IJ cab as perfect as I could make it before applying the decals. I THINK there is less involved when prepping a cabinet for dry application vs. wet, but I don't know, and don't pretend to know, because I ALWAYS have used the wet method.

I wanted to get it done right the first time and wanted time to play with decal placement, so the dry method was out.

I had 5 sets of IJ decals at one time, 3 of them from different manufacturers. Over time, I chose the best quality screened decals I had and used them, then kept the next best set as emergency backup.

One set I gave away, one I sold on eBay, and the other was returned due to a crease in one of the cabinet decals when it was discovered damaged in transit.

Bryan's been doing this for a long time and is 100% professional, so I would take his advice over my own.

Greg

#16 8 years ago

Agree there are several versions out there, most of mine had the silver hologram on the coin door

Original art and done by the original Williams screen printer who did cc,sw,rfm and many others

#17 8 years ago

The artwork has been spoken for. Thanks, Aaron!!

#18 8 years ago

thanks Bryan!

#19 8 years ago

I've used Rapid-Tac since 2006, never had an issue with any repro decals I've added on. I put that shit on everything!

#20 8 years ago

No problem, Aaron. Let me know when you have any other shit you want to get rid of.

#21 8 years ago

Damn, I need these. Always a minute late

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-full-set-of-screened-original-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.