• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24BE4E3B-B2D4-4326-8B04-B64A46141023 (resized).jpeg
gi (resized).png
D630BBE4-24C6-4C05-ADB3-2C57D1285588 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ricochet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

Hand of Fate lamps are wired together and are actually part of the GI circuit and not part of the lamp matrix. They connect to the white-violet and violet pair of J121 on the driver board. Like all GI, they are controlled by a triac on the driver board... which is controlled by the CPU. The test for these lamps is in the GI menu "Return Lane/Coin". The wiring is a direct shot from the driver board to the lamp on the left lane...the lamp on the right lane is part of the lamp board... you'll see there is a .156 3 position connector on that board right next to the lamp... that feeds that one bulb (white-violet, violet pair) and that connector is wired to the bulb on the left lane.

Can you control any of your GI?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks for the note! Yes I discovered all of this last night about the connection and everything looks clean in those areas, but originally the lamp housing on that circuit was loose and I resoldered it on when i was doing the LEDs but that didn’t fix the issue...but yes i can control the GI during test mode and those two lights (Lite hand of fate) do not illuminate at all during the test mode, even though i can dim and adjust the entire GI group.

J121 GI housing look good? Pins 6 and 11 ? J121 header on the driver board look good? No heat damage, cold/cracked solder?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

J121 Connector on the driver board (and 120) were fully fried when i got the pin, which caused the entire GI to be out. I repinned it a few days ago and now it works great. Only issue left is with the lite hands of fate, isn’t that at J119 though? I plan to repin that one next even though the connector looks clean.

Nope... most definitely J121/J120, even though they originate from the same point on the driver board... it is delivered via J121/J120 to the playfield.
gi (resized).pnggi (resized).png

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

This seems to be the consensus at the moment...but all other GI that was previously not working is now working since I repinned the female connectors at J120 and J121. Maybe I can get lucky and use a wire brush on the pins to remove any remnants before removing the entire driver board and replacing those two male connectors on the pcb.
One other thing to point out...the bulb housing for the "lite hand of fate" was very loose upon initial inspection a few days ago (when I was putting LEDs on the entire game). It literally popped off in my hand...but looked clean. So I resoldered it back on to the illumination board under the playfield but obviously that didn't fix it. Is it possible that simply a bad housing (which is then linked to the other lite hand of fate housing) is causing this issue? I am trying to do everything else first before having to remove the driver board.

LEDs are notorious for being finicky in the sockets. When I rebuilt my Indy ... both lamps didn’t work. They both needed to be re-seated.

Those lamps should always be on in attract mode. Put your meter across the terminals and see if you have voltage.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

ricochet schudel5 22troy pintechev Thank you all for your input it was very helpful in my learning process on pinball machines, I've learned a lot with this pin so far and have fixed everything to date except this dam "lite hands of fate light". Over the next week I will try the following and report back (hopefully with it being fixed!):
1 - Test continuity around the housings to the driver board and determine where there is lost power
2 - Remove the illumination board under the playfield to see if the lite hand of fate housing is damaged on the other side, and will reflow the solder at those points.
3 - Finally, when I build up enough courage, I will remove the driver board and install new headers at J120 and J121 (this will probably fix the issue).

Removal of the driver board is less daunting than it actually looks. Everything will pretty much stay in its relative place when disconnected. Good Luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 85.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
25,000 (Firm)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 63.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ricochet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-flashlamps-not-illuminating?tu=Ricochet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.