(Topic ID: 39716)

Williams Indiana Jones FLASHER Problem (not working)

By gsrogers

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey guys.....I have a problem with the Flashers on my Williams IJ.
First it was blowing Fuse F111 so I replaced BR4 (bridge diode). Now it is not blowing the fuse but all of the flashers still do not work. I tested voltage with my multimeter and I do not get any voltage on the J102 connector. This connector states 16VAC from transformer secondary. I tested the volts on these wires at the connector by the transformer and get nothing.

Also tested the red wire at each flasher...nothing.

Do I have a transformer problem or is this "secondary" wire loop missing something that will complete the circuit?

Could a new "bad" BR4 create these results?

What should I test next?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

#2 11 years ago

Does anyone have a link to a complete wiring diagram for this gams?
Thanks

#3 11 years ago

OK, Here is some more date....

LED#5 is not lit.
I obtained another WPC89 driver board (working) and swapped it in....same condition. No voltage at J102 and no LED#5.

So the problem is not on the board. Since it is a common voltage issue to all Flashers anyone have a place to start looking?

Thanks

#4 11 years ago

They are working....finally figured it out. The coin door has to be closed for them to work.

This got me because I have another IJ and the coin door does not have to be closed for the Flashers to be tested...not sure why they designed it on some where the door has to be shut.

Oh well...feel stupid and relieved.

Thanks to all.

G

#5 11 years ago

You should be able to pull the switch out and it will stay so the interlock will allow high power with the door open. Some games had a clip you could install.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

They are working....finally figured it out. The coin door has to be closed for them to work.
This got me because I have another IJ and the coin door does not have to be closed for the Flashers to be tested...not sure why they designed it on some where the door has to be shut.
Oh well...feel stupid and relieved.
Thanks to all.
G

Naw, don't feel stupid, you learned something and that's what really matters. Glad you got this figured out (without spending a ton of money)

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Naw, don't feel stupid, you learned something and that's what really matters. Glad you got this figured out (without spending a ton of money)

I agree, I still wonder for a few seconds at times why something is not working before I realize it is high power. I hate the noise the machine makes when the high power is disabled when opening the door but it helps me remember at times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 29.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-flasher-problem-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.