Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by AaronZOOM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have had a Williams IJ for about a decade, and I realized recently that the drop target on the far right (farthest on the right of the three in front center) is not fully dropping when hit. It drops a little and requires four or five shots to get it to fall. It’s probably been that way for a few years when I think about it.

I have recently been trying to do more troubleshooting and repairs, but it’s still pretty new to me. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to figure out and fix whatever is going on? I like learning how to do this and will try my best. I’m just a bit slower when it comes to fixing stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 4 years ago

First step is to disassemble and clean the drop target assembly. Over time, coil dust and debris will gunk up the mechanism and stop it from dropping properly. Lift the playfield and inspect the drop target for any physical obstructions or damage. If none, disconnect the drop target assembly and unscrew it from the playfield. Clean and replace. Easy!

#3 4 years ago

I’ll try that and will report back.

Thank you.

3 months later
#4 3 years ago

Cleaning it worked, but the stickers on the drop targets also needed to be removed and super glued on. It looked like the stickers were getting stuck in the mechanism a bit.

Thanks again for the advice.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Cleaning it worked, but the stickers on the drop targets also needed to be removed and super glued on. It looked like the stickers were getting stuck in the mechanism a bit.
Thanks again for the advice.

I'd like to add to this a bit...
I was having a similar problem recently, and it turned out the problem was that when the drop targets slide downward, they are guided by a washer that is pressed into a guide/track on the backside of the target. One of these washers was very slightly misshapen, so it did not slide cleanly. Often it would slide halfway down, and then stop.

I fixed it by grinding down the edge of the washer a bit to make it smooth, but if you had extra washers that fit this groove, you could just easily replace it. I also had issues if the washer was too small - it should fit precisely and slide very smoothly. The correct washer size is listed in the manual. And watch out for cheap bulk washers that are slightly misshapen (i.e. too thick, not perfectly round).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 1,419.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
12,500 (OBO)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-drop-target-not-dropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.