Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-438.jpg
image-226.jpg
image.jpg
Lower PF.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I purchased an Indiana Jones and it is missing what appears to be a post under the left slingshot plastic that I assume assists in deflecting the ball when it drops from the Idol and crosses the outlane. I have seen this post on other games on location but mine just has the hole which I would like to replace with the correct part. I have not been able to locate this part on the parts list. I am unable to post a picture at the moment. Any help is appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

If I think I know which one you need it is a normal star post.
This is the only pic I have but you can zoom in.

Lower PF.JPGLower PF.JPG
#3 9 years ago

I think you mean the right slingshot and it deflects the ball through the 'narrow escape' gate when it drains down the right outlane (not from the idol). As SealClubber said, it's just yellow star post and you'll need the rubber also.

#4 9 years ago

On the other machines I have seen it is a slim silver post. Here is a picture of the hole where it appears mine used to
be.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-226.jpgimage-226.jpgimage-438.jpgimage-438.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Looks like where your star post would go the hole got stripped out and someone moved a thinner metal post up from it, so it wouldn't interfere with a ball going down the return lane. Note the slingshot plastic extends over where the missing start post would go.

LTG : )™

#6 9 years ago

Here is what mine looks like. Maybe this post. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=324

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 9 years ago

Yes xfassa, that is what I have seen on others, not a star post (but that is usually everyone's first assumption, and it was mine too). Would anyone's happen to know the part number of that piece or what it is called so I can order one?

#8 9 years ago

Your machine is missing the 1 7/16" metal post with the cutaway for the sling rubber. I took a quick peak at the playfield but didnt see another one to point to, however, most suppliers carry them. Pretty sure its 1 7/16".

#9 9 years ago

My guess his link above is the one to order,,

#10 9 years ago

Thank you, I sure do appreciate that

#11 9 years ago

I see the link and will order one Tuesday. Perfect thank you

#12 9 years ago

Good that the mystery has been solved. If the op doesnt mind I have a part question as well. My IJ arrived with a plastic snake loose on the playfield. I dont recall ever seeing this snake on the pin and cannot locate it in any pics. Why did it have to be a snake. I hate snakes.

#13 9 years ago

No problem, lol. I have seen that snake mod for sale on eBay.

#14 9 years ago

Question. When the idol releases the balls a lot of the time they come through the ball gate hit the rubber on the sling shot and bounce back through the ball gate and down the out lane. How do I fix this issue?

#15 9 years ago

Ok, I thought you were talking about the adjustable star post to the right of the one way gate.

#16 9 years ago

The ball gate shouldn't let it go from the inlane to the outlane unless it's bouncing back so quick before it' closes?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Wanted
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 63.95
25,000 (Firm)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 85.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ij-part-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.