Topic poll

“Indiana Jones vs. Elvira... which one would you keep in collection?”

• Williams IJ 85 votes
    73%
  • Scared Stiff 31 votes
    27%

(116 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

elvira teehee.gif

#1 4 years ago

Indiana vs Elvira... If you had to choose one which would you pick and why??

#2 4 years ago

SS is a fun game. But you're talking about my grail pin with Indy here. No brainer for me...but in the end, it's all about which game gives YOU that "just one more" feeling the most.

#3 4 years ago

I have my IJ right now and absolutley LOOOVE it... never thought I'd consider letting it out of my collection, but I have the chance to possibly trade for a SS which I've wanted for a long time! I just want to make the right decision with no regrets! Just wanted to hear some opinions

#4 4 years ago

Don't do it, then. You'll miss your Indy...especially when the new movie comes out in a couple years.

#5 4 years ago

Very different game play so hard to do a comparison. If you've had Indy for a while it's always nice for a change out. My SS turned up a few months ago and loving it. Fully restored and beautiful. Just like Cassandra.

#6 4 years ago

Does the person with the SS want your IJ for the trade? Because it's probably worth more than the SS. You've got 19 other pins I'd get rid of first...

#7 4 years ago

I love my Scared Stiff, one of the best themed pins of all time. Super fun to have and play. But ... the gameplay definitely isn't deep. So it depends on the kind of player/collector you are.

Since I see you have 20 pins I think you'd be totally safe in that regard, it's not something I'd recommend to someone with 3 pins though.

Definitely make sure you get the ColorDMD if you get it.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does the person with the SSdefinitelyant your IJ for the trade? Because it's probably worth more than the SS. You've got 19 other pins I'd get rid of first...

Yes it would be my IJ for the SS... Trust me there are definitely other pins I'd rather let go of before Indy, but that's what he wants.

#9 4 years ago

They are both such great games, tough one. I'd own both.

#10 4 years ago

If I don't end up trading I will own both someday

#11 4 years ago

I am a pretty average player and SS is one of the few games that I can normally "beat" on location...IJ kicks my butt everytime....so I would stay with IJ. Also, I am noticing that A title () games are getting harder to come by and their condition is only going to get worse and the price higher. So I personally would not want to get rid of any A title unless I was comfortable to possibly never have it again...imo

#12 4 years ago

I've not played Indy, but I've played SS a fair amount and I don't think they are an even comparison from what I've read. Elvira is awesome and the call outs in SS are probably the best I've ever heard but I'd doubt it would match the depth that IJ has.

#14 4 years ago

IJ wins hands down. Had a SS for a while, but it was just way too easy. I used to be able to get to 2 Stiff o Meters in one game on it.

#15 4 years ago

Boy that is a tough one! I own IJ and have played SS at least 50 times. Both are great games in there own right. But for me I would never trade IJ for a SS.

#16 4 years ago

IJ has been in my collection for 4 years and it has everything you could want in a game. SS is great looking with a great theme and fun shots but it lasted 3 months. IJ has way more to do.

#17 4 years ago

Indy by a mile. SS is too easy IMHO.

#18 4 years ago

Thank you guys soooo much for your all of your input!! You know us chicks can be very indecisive I really think I would regret letting IJ go! Not only do I love the game, but I'm a huge Indy fan. Elvira's hot, but Indiana has my heart

#19 4 years ago

I like scared stiff but no comparison here in my mind IJ all the way.

#20 4 years ago

IJ just got a ColorDMD the other day, reinforced my love for it.

#21 4 years ago

Not even close. Definitely keep Indy. SS is a great game to play at the pub, or if you're new to pinball. But the callouts and artwork just can't hide the lack of depth in that game.

#22 4 years ago

Can't think of a much tougher decision if I had to part with one of them, but in the end I'd have to keep the IJ, but I'd be really upset to see SS go!

#23 4 years ago

While I enjoy the pyrotechnics and sounds in Scared Stiff I feel the game is very shallow with not much to do besides going for the Spider Wheel and Monster Multiball.

Indiana Jones WMS is a bit tougher for new players to get into but when you play it enough it becomes a fun game with lots of features to complete.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Can't think of a much tougher decision if I had to part with one of them, but in the end I'd have to keep the IJ, but I'd be really upset to see SS go!

Really? I can't think of a much easier one haha. I love the look of SS, but it's so simple. IJ is so perfect to me, one of the few great themes where the machine itself wasn't a complete bomb (cough... Star Wars cough).

#25 4 years ago

I agree with the majority. For me, IJ is the greatest pin ever built - great callouts, awesome dots, tons of cool mods, color DMD, fun video modes, upper playfield, a fantastic theme...I could go on. Oh yeah, and IJ boasts what I think is the greatest custom callout ever: John Rhys-Davies' Suuuuuuuper Jaaaaaaackpot! I could listen to that all day. Now I wanna play Indy!

#26 4 years ago

For me its SS all the way. Open up the out lanes and set the rules to hard. Set the pitch to 8%. Not so easy any more.

IJ is a good game but to many video mode kills the game.

#27 4 years ago

They are pretty different games, but both great. Play before you buy. I find SS to be the easier of the two...

#28 4 years ago

SS is fun to play at someone else's house but it gets old real fast. It's a shame because it is such a fun theme. It would be a great candidate for a rules/code update. IJ will take much longer to get bored of and is much more challenging IMO.

#29 4 years ago

Had Both, Sold both.

If I was to have one back it would be IJ. Way more to do. Video Modes are cool.

SS is a beautiful machine but Gameplay is boring.

#30 4 years ago

Just trade IJ for Stern IJ.

#31 4 years ago

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't do it, then. You'll miss your Indy...especially when the new movie comes out in a couple years.

What makes you think there is another one in the making?

#33 4 years ago

Sorry, never got into Indy...Scared Stiff all the way.

elvira teehee.gif
#34 4 years ago

got both, love both, scared stiff gets more play time. so scared stiff.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

What makes you think there is another one in the making?

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pratt-indiana-jones/

#36 4 years ago

SS was the first game that got me into collecting. 14 years later it's still in my collection. Never owned an IJ but I do enjoy playing it. I just find the humor in SS to my liking. I mean c'mon..."Wow, that's a huge BONE...us!".

#37 4 years ago

IJ game play is much deeper and harder to complete all the modes than SS. I had a PERFECT restored SS back in '04 and sold it since it was just too easy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the theme and call outs etc....it was done perfectly, but it is just too damn easy to get to the stiff o meter. Granted I never finished the spider wheel which is much harder to do, but overall it's just not a pin that I could keep with only four back then. I would like to have another one, but not for the money they are going for....just isn't worth that. That being said, I had two Indy's. I sold the first back in '02 and missed it so I bought another one in '04 and restored it. I loved it but started to not play it much any more and ended up selling it to pay for granite in the kitchen for the wife. Do I miss it.....sometimes, but even when I am at other peoples houses with an Indy, I don't really feel like I HAVE to play it. I think I'm just really burnt out on all the "A" titles out there. Anyway....with a gun to my head....definitely IJ over SS.

#38 4 years ago

I will definitely be getting a Scared Stiff someday... I'm just not ready to part with Indy! I need SS to go next to EATPM Does anyone wanna sell their SS?

#39 4 years ago

There still talking about that??? I remember reading that years ago on the Indiana Jones website.

We'll see what comes first... This or the sequel to Tron Legacy.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

I will definitely be getting a Scared Stiff someday... I'm just not ready to part with Indy! I need SS to go next to EATPM Does anyone wanna sell their SS?

My finders fee is a Bad Cats, I forgot to tell you that.

#41 4 years ago

Stop hoarding all the pins in the region! You are starting to make dantebean mad. And you do not want to get on his list.

#42 4 years ago

IJ for me. I love both but I only own IJ. They are totally two different game plays. GLWT.

#43 4 years ago

Don't bother with SS. I like you, had EATPM and thought I just had to have a SS too. Well EATPM is alot better in my opinion, keep IJ and get something else!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

My finders fee is a Bad Cats, I forgot to tell you that.

Lol how bout you can just come play my Bad Cats anytime you want!!! Just got the new pf for it so it will soon be gorgeous!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

Lol how bout you can just come play my Bad Cats anytime you want!!! Just got the new pf for it so it will soon be gorgeous!

Let me know when you will swap the PFs. I will need tips when my Addams PF comes in.

#46 4 years ago

Well, this is as good as place as anywhere. I have a solid SS that I'm looking to trade for a nice IJ. Let me know if you have any interest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside