(Topic ID: 19595)

Williams IJ - Jackpot Board Installation? (Board from Marcos?)

By charles4400

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

760E576C-7073-43FE-94B3-1139988F93C3 (resized).jpeg
B3D41571-D5C8-4C46-9E9D-4E4B46E7EDE4 (resized).jpeg
i-KD3DWPB-XL.jpg
i-cRS2k9h-S.jpg
i-7VFms4n-M.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hi all, have a WMS IJ coming in (woohoo!) and wanted to do the lit up Jackpot mod in the backbox.

For those who have done this , any recommendations of where to start or a kit to get?

I came across this from Marco:
INDIANA JONES (Williams) Jackpot board
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

Does anyone know if this is all you need to do the mod? Does it include instructions & TEMPLATE?

If not how did you go about doing yours?

#2 11 years ago

Thats the board. You also need the backboard with cutouts or you have to cut out your own:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_29&products_id=502&zenid=tm9vu2u5v0vg55puo8l44544g2

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for that link exactly what I need!

Out of stock....grrr...just have to wait untill they make more.....

#4 11 years ago

Or just cut your own? I'm going to be attempting this soon, within the week.

#5 11 years ago

Let us know how it turns out (and if you would be willing to make more! )

#6 11 years ago

Will do

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Or just cut your own? I'm going to be attempting this soon, within the week.

When I did mine, the Pinbits PCB came with a template for cutting out the existing board. I went this route and it was pretty easy. Though the pre-cut replacement is easier I suppose.

#8 11 years ago

I have one off a machine if someone needs. Pics can be found here

http://photobucket.com/Wmsijparts

#9 11 years ago

We have a few wood parts that the cutter messed up - so the jackpot holes are a little larger than we like. However, they will still work just fine, we'll include a mask for perfect light control.

We'll also have the boards an harnesses in over the next few days. These are warm white LED boards with large capacitors, so they don't ghost, and look more like an incandescent lamp. The pics here are my sample, it is missing a few parts but you get the idea.

i-7VFms4n-M.jpgi-7VFms4n-M.jpg

i-KD3DWPB-XL.jpgi-KD3DWPB-XL.jpg

i-cRS2k9h-S.jpgi-cRS2k9h-S.jpg

Full size pics are here:
http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2012-07-02/23925703_bmRFTP

#10 11 years ago

Those are nice! I have a sample IJ, so instead of being precise cutouts, they are just big squares. I especially like the cutouts for dual 5-1/4 speakers, nice touch!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from PamPinbits:

We have a few wood parts that the cutter messed up - so the jackpot holes are a little larger than we like. However, they will still work just fine, we'll include a mask for perfect light control.
We'll also have the boards an harnesses in over the next few days. These are warm white LED boards with large capacitors, so they don't ghost, and look more like an incandescent lamp. The pics here are my sample, it is missing a few parts but you get the idea. /blockquote>

Will you be making any more new wood cutouts soon?

#12 11 years ago

Thanks, John - the accurate cutouts prevent the light bleed around the edges - probably more of an issue with the LED lights, these things are nice and bright.

Also, we have a few 5 1/4 to 3 1/2 adapters for those who want to use original speakers. But we really recommend dropping in a pair of inexpensive auto speakers to bump the sound a bit.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Will you be making any more new wood cutouts soon?

Yes - next couple of weeks. We'll have boards ina few days as well.

#14 11 years ago

If you get pinbits replacement board you could get a pinball pro or FF full speaker kit with sub.

#15 11 years ago

Sounds great Pam it looks like this is all coming together, look forward to the new parts and new order!

markmon I think you might be right if there were a time to get pinball pro speakers and install them , it would be while doing the jackpot mods....

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from PamPinbits:

Yes - next couple of weeks. We'll have boards ina few days as well.

Pam, what about the lost plastic boosted lamp kit? They show out of stock on your site, when will they be available?

I wish I waited, but already ordered the jackpot board from Marco. Yours looks to be of better quality, but I won't really know until I receive it. I may just end up buying yours as well, damn it.

#17 11 years ago

I have an original back board for IJ if someone wants one to play with $25 shipped.
Just the wood but in good shape.

#18 11 years ago

I have the IJ Jackpot backbox board. I ended up using a dremmel on my old IJ and never used the board. If you still need one PM me.

1 week later
#19 11 years ago

I'm installing the jackpot board from marco, and it comes with two connectors. Can someone please tell me where do these connectors go?

#20 11 years ago

No instructions huh? Typical.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

No instructions huh? Typical.

Yeah, none at all. No screws included either, although they include spacers, there are 6 holes and 5 spacers included.

#22 11 years ago

Wait, found the instructions...

It is easily installed on any INDIANA JONES by plugging in the 2 connectors and securing the board with 4 screws.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

It is easily installed on any Indiana Jones by plugging in the 2 connectors and securing the board with 4 screws.

lol...hilarious!

PAM where are you!? We need you to make these boards and speaker panels available asap!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

It is easily installed on any Indiana Jones by plugging in the 2 connectors and securing the board with 4 screws.

those 2 connectors should be for the rows/ columns of the WPC lamp matrix.
One connector should have a small .1 female housing and the other should have a normal .156 female housing.

regards
Buk

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from bucanero:

those 2 connectors should be for the rows/ columns of the WPC lamp matrix.
One connector should have a small .1 female housing and the other should have a normal .156 female housing.
regards
Buk

Yeah I just don't know where they go exactly. It would be nice to know where to connect them on the board, does any one have this board on their game???

#26 11 years ago

One should go to J133/J134/J135 (Lamp Rows) and the other to J137/J138 (Lamp Columns.) Doesn't matter which one you choose, they are on the same circuit. Just pick the one that is empty. This was a nice feature which allowed additional lamps to be added without modification to the wiring harness.

1 week later
#27 11 years ago

Finally got to hooking it up, and works great. Thanks SC and everyone else for the help!

6 years later
#28 5 years ago

I know I’m resurrecting this, but this thread comes up in google searches so I’m adding this to save someone some drama. The wiring on my board was all messed us. I went to troubleshoot and found that my copy of the manual has the wrong pin diagram on the driverboard diagram. It shows pin on and 4 on j138. Its actually 2 and four. If anyone ends up with a crappily wired board like mine (the pins all pulled out) this might help someone.

B3D41571-D5C8-4C46-9E9D-4E4B46E7EDE4 (resized).jpegB3D41571-D5C8-4C46-9E9D-4E4B46E7EDE4 (resized).jpeg760E576C-7073-43FE-94B3-1139988F93C3 (resized).jpeg760E576C-7073-43FE-94B3-1139988F93C3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,419.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ij-jackpot-board-installation-board-from-marcos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.