(Topic ID: 154375)

Williams IJ Indiana Jones Flasher and Solenoid Error

By Jedidentist

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jedidentist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So, I've been trying to do a complete restoration on my IJ (new cabinet, brass, clear coated play field, LEDs, etc.) and I finally put it back together last week after being disassembled for almost 2 years. I was blessed that it actually powered up and seemed to function normally for the most part. There are still a few issues to fix, but those I can handle. The biggest issue that I have that I can't seem to figure out are my flashers. None of them work (on the play field or head) in test mode or attract mode, and only the Eternal Life one seems to work during game play. I checked my fuses for continuity and they seemed to be fine. Some of the flashers I swapped out for newer LEDs, but I can't see how changing those would alter all of the others. My coin door is a new brass one, with orange and black wires (I think) left unattached in a small molex connector, but I don't think that's enough to make the machine think the coin door is opened and shutting down the high voltage (I think I read this was a problem sometimes). I don't think that I've miswired anything, but I suppose that I could've on the interlock switch...but it looks good from my "before" photos. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Derek

#4 8 years ago

I haven't had a chance to touch my game until yesterday. I checked continuity on everything and was solid...so I went back to the interlock switch. So, unlike my video games, I didn't realize how the interlock switches on these work. On my videos, you can pull it out and it functions as if the door is closed. Not so with this. So, I opened the coin door, placed it in test mode, and then depressed the switches and held it with duct tape and I was good to go. I had a couple of LEDs that didn't work correctly, but got it all fixed up. Yay!

However, now I have an issue with none of my solenoids working. They don't work in test mode, don't work with the door open or closed, and don't work when the game is playing. Again, checked continuity on the purple wires that supply power to a lot of them, but no dice. Since most run on different fuses, etc. and they were all working just fine previously (before fixing the flasher issue), there must be some common issue (eg, interlock switch) that's causing this. What stupid thing am I overlooking?

#5 8 years ago

And I've checked the voltages at the board (+/- 36 V) and at several solenoids (knocker, ball eject, plunger, flippers, etc.) and they all have power. So it's not that issue. Something isn't sending a signal somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 49.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 63.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
25,000 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jedidentist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ij-indiana-jones-flasher-error?tu=Jedidentist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.