Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJ with new left side decals (resized).jpg
IJ repainted leg and bolts (resized).jpg
IJ new decals right (resized).jpg
DSC_2164 (resized).JPG
DSC_2174 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

If you need another option to buy from, I have a set of decals I can sell. I was planning on using them but now I'm going the RadCal route.

1 week later
#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Being licensed doesn't mean high end quality as default - it can be, but not guaranteed. IJ cabinet decal is a tough one, due to orange color, very hard to print it (in fact impossible) compared to silkscreened orange.
Don't they have real pictures about decal (only about hologram sticker)? Strange... Better to ask for pictures, there are many version out there.

Did Bally/Williams even release a genuine OEM decal replacement? A lot of the new decals I see being put on these cabinets always seem to have somewhat minor differences. Not just color differences either, but actual drawing differences.

It's as if each seller freehands a design and sells them instead of doing a 1 to 1 exact copy of the original cabinet art. I always thought Licensed decals meant you get an exact copy of the original art, but that doesn't seem to be the case?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I bought licensed "Next Gen" Dr. Who head decals for my Dr. Who resto, and they completely re-did the art. The stars were different sizes and the Tardis designs were way more detailed and had completely different shading than stock decals. I was like WTF? and into the trash they went. I don't know what the f*ck the artists are thinking here. Replicate the stock design or let us know you took these liberties so we don't buy them thinking we're getting stock art.

Here are mine I bought. I like the colors on these, especially the orange transitions. But there are changes on them such as the outline of the sun being more pronounced and having an orangeish halo around it vs. official Williams art. These were made in 2002. Very odd why decal makers don't just replicate the original as it was intended.
DSC_2174 (resized).JPGDSC_2174 (resized).JPG

DSC_2164 (resized).JPGDSC_2164 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ij-cabinet-decals-1?tu=Flipper_McGavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.