Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jonogo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Been looking for a tasteful IJ topper but have yet to find one. Right now I have a my 13 year-old Disney World gift-shop fedora and cheesy bullwhip sitting on top. Been thinking about buying Grail, Sacred Stone and Medallion props to place up there (don't know how they'd *stay* up there as I have a tendency to tilt), but I haven't totally made up my mind.

I will say though - I have seen some games that just don't look good with toppers. Is IJ one of them? Anyone seen any good ones?

#2 9 years ago

amazon.com link »

Just imagine that without the pens. Shamelessly stolen from Mummite.

#3 9 years ago

If you have too much money and need to get rid of some you could always go this route....

http://www.pinballdecals.com/IndianaJonesTopperPage.html

#4 9 years ago

I found this Indiana Jones bust at Atomic Comics for $5 (had a broken thumb):

amazon.com link »

#5 9 years ago

Contact joe aka "laseriffic" he is doing custom toppers!

#6 9 years ago

Don't do it Indiana!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't do it Indiana!

Don't do what?!?

#8 9 years ago

Put a topper on a game that never had one. I know it's the "in" thing these days but Dr. Jones deserves better.

If you are gunna do it, make it kind of stupid; at least then it's a little meta. Put a dead monkey on top with a date in his mouth or something like that.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Put a dead monkey on top with a date in his mouth or something like that.

That might end up smelling after a time.. plus PETA would be alll over dead monkey toppers.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

That might end up smelling after a time.. plus PETA would be alll over dead monkey toppers.

Not if it is taxadermied tastefully my friend!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154283/Cats-away-Artist-turns-dead-pet-flying-helicopter-killed-car.html#ixzz1wqSL4wX2

#11 9 years ago

I am releasing my Indy topper this week.

#12 9 years ago

I'm not a big fan of most aftermarket or "toy" toppers. Some are cool, but most seem cheap.
That being said, IJ is one of my favorite pins and I have seen a couple of cool topper possibilties.
One was a life-sized golden feritilty goddess from Raiders. That sucker sitting on top of the game would be awesome... but you'd have to secure it down pretty well or else.
The other would be an actual Fedora and maybe even a bullwhip draped or hung over the top corner. That could be cool!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm not a big fan of most aftermarket or "toy" toppers.

Ditto

#15 9 years ago

pinheadpuckguy is doing an IJ topper. I'm getting that one. I like his stuff.

#16 9 years ago

Grail Cup, Sankara Stone, Fertility Idol and Staff of Ra Medallion - all bought from ebay (and the Sankara Stone lights up in sync with the corresponding treasure.)

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Grail Cup, Sankara Stone, Fertility Idol and Staff of Ra Medallion - all bought from ebay (and the Sankara Stone lights up in sync with the corresponding treasure.)

Attachments 100_0923.jpg (184.9 KB, 1 downloads) 6 hours old

Pop a fish takes dome over that and you got something.

#18 9 years ago

Hola. I just stumbled upon this and decided it's the best possible topper. ever. YMMV.

#1: Short Round!
amazon.com link »

#2 : Indy running from stuff!

amazon.com link »

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside