(Topic ID: 203982)

Williams Hyperball - Unconnected Ground - Where does it go!!! Picts...

By Azurden

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Schwaggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20171019_181628 (resized).jpg
20171019_181602 (resized).jpg
2017-11-30_135144 (resized).jpg
2017-11-30_135007 (resized).jpg
2017-11-30_134710 (resized).jpg
2017-11-28_124606 (resized).jpg
20171019_181619 (resized).jpg
20171019_181710 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BabyPac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

I also don't have that black ground wire screwed in the back of the cab.

My first thought is one of the two black wires from the right BR had come off, but both appear to be on yours. Also, the black closest to this mystery wire on your power supply board is also there. Lastly, both the blue caps have one wire each, as do yours. Here are my similar shots.

Good news is - whatever it connects to has to be within that wire's length. I'd take the end around in a circular motion, working outward from the center, and see if anything catches your eye.

EDIT: I also added a wide shot of everywhere it looks like your mystery wire could attach on my machine.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Azurden:

Could you have a look at the black ground wires that are at the lug at the bottom of the cab and see where they go?
I thought the same thing to pull the wire around to see what it could attach to without any luck. I looked t every connector as well to see if I could see any pins in the connectors that could have been bent as well.

I saw nothing that would be that gauge of wire - they are all thicker down there - so it's not one that somehow became detached from a lug in the base.

It's possible this is a phantom wire as neither of us with the working cabs had it. If these things could talk to tell their tales!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Azurden:

Have two more favors to ask...
1: Do you have a multimeter that you could test the 2n4403 to see if it passes current across all legs? My understanding if this is should only be able to send from the base to the emitter or base to collector. But not from collector to emitter. Mine rings on all legs. You can see it in the images I posted above from the schematics. It can be found on the right of the driver board next to the plug that drives the power switcher for the cannon.
2: on your large blue cap on the right, does it have two black wires or one? Mine has only one, and the other member has a picture above that shows two. If yours does have two could you see where they go?
Ok make it 3 favors.... Could you also add a few picts on the connectors on that side of the head on the driver board and power supply? Maybe it came off on of those???

1. Unlikely I'll get to this for a bit - wife now home from business trip and it's time for XMAS decorating. :/

2. Mentioned in above post that both my blue caps have one black each.

3. See #1.

Where does the other black wire go that's attached to the backboard there?

I'm still guessing this is a phantom wire - it just doesn't seem to belong anywhere based on two known working games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Malboro, NJ
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BabyPac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-hyperball-unconnected-ground-where-does-it-go-picts?tu=BabyPac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.