3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hurricane dedicated (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I am trying to fix my cousin's Williams Hurricane pinball machine. The Service Credits, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Begin Test Switches are unresponsive. Also the coin switches are unresponsive. The coin insert slots are not lighting up.

I've used a voltmeter to measure across the switches. I get about 12 volts across each switch.

Everything appears to be properly connected. I found a wire pulled out of the connector on the coin door open switch. I also found a pulled out wire on the Start button light. I added new connectors to these and both have been fixed.

Would anyone have any advice on how or what to troubleshoot?

#2 3 years ago

Have you had a look at j205 which is the dedicated switches connector ? Also the continuity between this connector and the wires on the coin door. There might be some wiring broken or intermediary connectors not plugged.

#3 3 years ago

I have checked the continuity for all of the harnesses. I have continuity between the J116 & J119 connectors and the J2 connector. Same with the J212 & J205 connectors and the J1 connector.

I have continuity between the J6 connector and the wires it connects with (Col. 1, Col. 2, Col. 3, Front door switch, Start button, Plumb bob switch, and the Start button lamp.

I have continuity between the J3 connector and all of the coin door switches (the four push button 'admin' switches, the three coin slot switches, and the slam tilt door switch). I also have continuity for the coin slot lamps.

When powered up I get about 11.5 VDC across all of the switches. I do not appear to get any voltage for the coin slot lamps.

The push button 'admin' swtiches and coin switches are unresponsive.

#4 3 years ago

You should have a look to the switch matrix table at the end of the manual (on ipdb.org). Le left column corresponds to the switches that you are looking at. They are directly grounded.
Switch on the game, chose one of the door switch, close it with the finger and check with the DMM (Voltage) on j205 whether the voltage on the pin is high (I guess a few volts, not 0)

hurricane dedicated (resized).jpghurricane dedicated (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Thank you Jimy for helping me.

I tested all four 'admin' switches on the coin door. Their voltages to ground were about 11.5 VDC in the open position. Upon closing, they all initially went to 0 VDC but then settled around 6 mVDC.

#6 3 years ago

Hi,

I do not know what you must read. I ll test tomorrow on my Dracula

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-hurricane-coin-door-buttons-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.