You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

norm_lib.jpg
HL.jpg
1b.jpg
1a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 1 year ago

Just wanted to verify to other Hot Line Owners that the OP (jefwv - and others) are correct in that the machine's Ball Gate does have the carry over feature from the factory and there is no Jones Plug to change this feature.

It is normal for the Ball Gate when lit to stay open after the game ends if the ball does not go through the gate to deactivate the shooter lane switch during a game.

I thought there was something wrong with my machine as well, but found this old thread and as newmantjn stated that after fixing his broken wire his game works the same as the rest of ours. Rolf-Martin-062 did a lot of research as well and not owning the game at the time came to the same conclusion.

Finally, as stated by another poster please make sure to document any changes you make to this feature if you wish to change it whether cutting or disabling a wire, so that the future owner can decide easily if he wants to return the machine to it's factory intended carry over feature. Personally I am keeping the feature on my game factory original.

Ken

1 month later
#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Prezzo:

Hi I have the Hotline and its working per factory settings and would prefer the gate to close is there photos or a simple drawing available so I can alter the carry over im only new to schematics { idiots guide }

regards Paul

Quoted from newmantjn:

If you would like to get the gate relay to close without making it the gate, you can disconnect that yellow wire and see what you think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EM-PINMAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-hotline-gate-wont-close?tu=EM-PINMAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.