• Latest reply 2 years ago by ibis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7795 (resized).jpg
IMG_7794 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Odd its not starting when pushing the START button. Theres a click in the back box, thats it. If I manually activate the armature(pic 1) on the credit mechanism it starts a game. It looks like the only thing being activated is the vertical switch(pic 2). Now, if I push the start button and hear the click, then simply close the switch in pic 2, theres just a buzzing in the cabinet, the game doesn't start. But again, if I activate the armature, it starts. Weird!

My goal is to make this game 'free play' and I am not very familiar with this mechanism in this game. Any assistance will be appreciated.

IMG_7794 (resized).jpgIMG_7794 (resized).jpgIMG_7795 (resized).jpgIMG_7795 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

No ones got any ideas? This is the last issue on the game and I can put it in the collection.

#5 2 years ago

Howard, Ill check back once I research this. Going to be traveling for business the next two days.......thanks!

2 weeks later
#6 2 years ago

Howard, took me some time to get back to this, sorry for the delay! I found the issue. The top switch stack was dirty and not completing the circuit to register a credit. I found it this morning and it credits and starts a game!

One last issue, the rest of the game appears to be working. There is a top ball cup called "top eject". There are five lights; 5k, Double Bonus, 5K, Light Captive Ball, 10k. The movement of the lights work upon hitting a switch. But the scoring is wonky. The double bonus lights the Captive Ball on the playfield, the 10k scores only 5k, and sometimes the double bonus just scores 5k, etc. etc.. Im sure it is a adjustment, just not sure where the mech is located. I found the mech that controls the lights, it just switches the lights. It also alternate another switch stack I found. But the scoring is where the devil is, and I can't find that detail lol.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Ibis, it sounds like one or both of the white plastic discs (that contain the contact arm) on either of the sides of the top eject unit may be installed off the correct position or are not centering on the traces.
If it helps, I can try to photo the top eject unit when one of the lights around the top eject hole are lit.

You are 100% correct! It was taken off to clean a few weeks ago and I took it off and put it on the correct position and voila! 100% working! Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-hot-tip-em-free-play?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.