(Topic ID: 327187)

Williams Hot Line Start Issue

By NeonNoodle

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

1966 WMS Hot Line was working. Now it's suddenly not starting. Since I've had it, game has had all coin door wiring/switches removed...literally no wiring going to it and machine was always on free play (started via replay button). Also has a toggle switch on the hot wire wired in. Now, when toggle is switched on and then replay button is pressed, the coin relay (115V) and the advance relay activate, the GI lights on playfield come on for a fraction of a second but that's it. Then it shuts down. Does the same exact thing when you toggle the switch and press the button again. No blown fuses. Just spent an hour going over the machine with the schematic but can't find the problem. Any thoughts?

Edit: adding the fact that the relay bank reset is not activating and that’s on the 115V side, does that mean the start process is not even getting through the 115V part of the start cycle?

#2 1 year ago

Sounds like it could be a slam switch. You probably removed the one from the front door, Are there any other slam switches on the playfield or back box?

#3 1 year ago

Check your hold relay too, if the contacts are dirty, there might not be enough current there to hold the power on sufficiently to allow the rest of the start sequence to work.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Sounds like it could be a slam switch. You probably removed the one from the front door, Are there any other slam switches on the playfield or back box?

These were one of the first things I checked...all good.

Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

Check your hold relay too, if the contacts are dirty, there might not be enough current there to hold the power on sufficiently to allow the rest of the start sequence to work.

I don't see a hold relay on the schematic on this machine.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

Check your hold relay too

Quoted from NeonNoodle:

I don't see a hold relay on the schematic on this machine.

Vintage-Pinball is probably referring to the Lock relay on the schematic at 3F

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Classicpinballs is probably referring to the Lock relay on the schematic at 3F

Thank you...I think I have narrowed the issue to either that relay or the game over relay on the large relay bank under the PF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-hot-line-start-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.