Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by FrankJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a WMS high speed. When I got it, it had some sort of cheapo LED bulbs that were sort of dim. I rebuilt the power supply (have done this dozens of times) and then installed all new LED's.. I used Comet 2md. The tachometer lights started acting weird.. some of the lights up near the top were lit all the time. and when the engine revs it doesn't go up the scale like it should. So I thought perhaps it was a ghosting thing. I orded all new NG LED from comet.. replaced everything in the playfield that wasn't GI with Non Ghosting LEDs.. still doing the same darn thing. Can it be that these early sys 11 games don't like LEDs? I know that you can't use LED flashers in some of them. I wondering if I need to go back to #47 bulbs, I sure hope not.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from PatWoodrailLVR:

I have a WMS high speed. When I got it, it had some sort of cheapo LED bulbs that were sort of dim. I rebuilt the power supply (have done this dozens of times) and then installed all new LED's.. I used Comet 2md. The tachometer lights started acting weird.. some of the lights up near the top were lit all the time. and when the engine revs it doesn't go up the scale like it should. So I thought perhaps it was a ghosting thing. I orded all new NG LED from comet.. replaced everything in the playfield that wasn't GI with Non Ghosting LEDs.. still doing the same darn thing. Can it be that these early sys 11 games don't like LEDs? I know that you can't use LED flashers in some of them. I wondering if I need to go back to #47 bulbs, I sure hope not.

You should be ok.. my pin-bot is running stock with all LEDs in controlled inserts and GI.

I will say that for HS especially, you might look to get LED OCD for the controlled lamps, or you will lose a lot of the smoothness from the sequences... and the GI for the flashing that happens on freeways can be blinding with bright LEDs.

#5 1 year ago

Are the issues you have during gameplay, or in attract mode?

#6 1 year ago

My High Speed works fine with Comet non-ghosting in the controlled lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-led-questions-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.