• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211213_143502 (resized).jpg
20211213_143618 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I recently upgraded to LED's on my 1986 Williams HS and noticed that my "Special" lights (both left and right) were not operating (lamps 04 & 05 on lamp matrix). When I went into diagnostics (individual lamp test mode) I confirmed that they were not blinking. What I also noticed that there were several seemingly random playfield lights ghost blinking. I then checked other lamps using the test and found similar issues, for example the Lower Left Target Bank Yellow (lamp #14 in matrix) blinks as it should but several playfield lamps ghost blink along with it ("BONUS", "ESCAPE", & "GETAWAY"). See attached pictures.

Is the loss of my Special lamps somehow caused by my use of LED's in other seemingly unrelated lamps within the playfield, or is there likely another root cause?

If High Speed is not supposed to require non-ghosting bulbs, why would I be seeing ghosting in so many locations during lamp test mode?

20211213_143502 (resized).jpg20211213_143502 (resized).jpg20211213_143618 (resized).jpg20211213_143618 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I would recommend non-ghosting premium LEDs in any game, especially earlier solid state games. I had a lot of problems with regular LEDs in Williams Taxi. I switched them out for premiums and didn't have any more issues. I used premiums in Taxi, High Speed, F-14 Tomcat and Pinbot and they worked perfectly.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I would recommend non-ghosting premium LEDs in any game, especially earlier solid state games. I had a lot of problems with regular LEDs in Williams Taxi. I switched them out for premiums and didn't have any more issues. I used premiums in Taxi, High Speed, F-14 Tomcat and Pinbot and they worked perfectly.

Understood. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-ghosting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.