Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheWiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am trying to test a High Speed master display board. I only have an 11B MPU available to test with. I have this all setup on the bench. The MPU boots fine with F-14 Tomcat eproms and drives player 1, 2, 3 & 4 displays properly but I need to check the Match/Ball in Play display also. So I burned High Speed eproms but then the MPU won’t boot, the blanking stays low. Not sure if jumper configuration is correct or not. I know that the LEDs won’t work properly since High Speed is for an 11(nothing) MPU which has the 7 segment display instead of LEDs. The LEDs should all be on but they are not. All the address and data lines are good. I tried burning EPROMs in several different sizes of chips but get the same results. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?

#2 4 years ago

What you are attempting should work.
I don't know that I've ever done it, but there is nothing to prevent it from working.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Chris, that’s what I thought too. Contacted a friend I do board work for a he had a High Speed MPU he needed fixed up so I got it to test with. It boots and all the displays work, yea. Now I will put my High Speed eproms in it and see what it does and go from there. When I get done testing with it I will clean it up, repair solenoid outputs not working, and install NVRAM and MOSFETS (for the lamp matrix). Pretty nice board compared to most I see, lol. Glad he had it.

#4 4 years ago

To close this out, my High Speed eproms worked fine in the11b board, but it looks like I may have a bad U26 socket, which was causing the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-eproms-in-a-11b-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.