_L2C6548.jpg
_L2C6534.jpg
shiny-apron.jpg
IMG_4107.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4105.jpg
HighSpeed Apron5.jpg
HighSpeed Apron-719.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merfeldma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm excited to announce that Rick from Planetary pinball has approved the CAD blueprints and artwork for High Speed pinball arch remakes (Part #31-1008-541-RD). The aprons are being made in 18 gauge steel, powdercoated in high gloss black, and silk screened with high quality enamel inks. The artwork was vectored in Adobe Illustrator by James Ahlschwede. Now's the time to replace your old rusted ball arch and makes a much easier alternative to sandblasting your old one, repainting, and applying decals.

If you would like to order an apron and shooter gauge the cost will be $99.95 through Paypal to [email protected]. Please be sure to include your Pinside username in addition to you "Real" name and address where you would like the apron and shooter gauge shipped.
Shipping as follows $15 US, outside US PM for shipping quote, each set only $5 more in shipping.

If you would like to send a check, please send me a message letting me know so I can set aside an apron before they sell out. Checks and money orders can be sent to:
Merf's Pins
2612 17th Ave NW
Rochester, MN 55901

shiny-apron.jpgshiny-apron.jpg
_L2C6534.jpg_L2C6534.jpg
_L2C6548.jpg_L2C6548.jpg
_L2C6484.jpg_L2C6484.jpg

Post edited by merfeldma: Price change

#2 10 years ago

Here is a sample of the completed artwork for the apron.HighSpeed Apron-719.jpgHighSpeed Apron-719.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Matt, question/suggestion - have you tried to sale these to places like Marco, Bay Area, Pinball Resource etc? If you can get these folks to sale these as well and work something out with them I would think you could sale 50 a lot quicker! Good luck with this venture and hope this is the first of many to come, like Medusa

Rick is working on setting up sales with distributors. The idea of the first pre-order is to get a good idea of how much demand there is. Since distributors will need to make a profit we can't promise that the price won't need to be raised on there end either.
Don't worry I haven't forgotten about Medusa!!

#12 10 years ago

We can do the shooter gauge, but it will add additional costs since a screening press will need to be set up and additional tooling made. I will have to work out costs to find out how much more.

#14 10 years ago

I'm glad people spoke up and told us how important the shooter lanes are, and I agree they will tie together much nicer as a set. The real question now is whether everyone agrees they should be sold as a set? If we meet our goal of 50 pre-orders we will be able to offer both the apron and shooter lane for $120 USD with shipping prices as listed above. Unfortunately, even though it seems like a small piece it still requires new tooling and silk screens to be made and aligned for proper image placement.

With all that said I think everyone who orders is going to be very happy with replacing their worn out, rusted, damaged aprons with a shiny brand spanking new High Speed ball arch and shooter guide.

1 week later
#17 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I would rather have a set.

I agree, I think it as the way to go. Now there will be difference in powdercoat or ink colors in case there was going to be a small discrepancy between the old ink colors and the new.

We are close to finalizing artwork to both the apron and shooter guide so we can get started.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Sure you could paint and decal the old ones but having the screened art just seems more 'correct' - and for me, one less thing I have to do.
Now, if he would only get to the other titles I need...

Not to mention the cost of a apron decal is $40, then you need to strip it, paint or powder coat, and apply the decal w/o bubbles. After seeing tedious the process of restoring an old apron is and the results are decent, but no way close to original I thought there had to be a better way. Good thing I have access to all the equipment to actually make them

1 week later
#22 10 years ago

Things are coming along well with the aprons and shooter guides. Finalized the artwork and have the CAD blueprints finished.

HighSpeed Apron5.jpgHighSpeed Apron5.jpg
#24 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Would love to find one for F-14...

If F-14 uses the general System 11 that should be next in line.

2 weeks later
#27 10 years ago

In the process of getting the pantone inks. Once the inks arrive we can get started on production.

1 week later
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Merf,
are you going to try and screen the shooter gage and the apron at the same time?
I'm not sure that's going to work so well...
I think it will prove difficult to squeegee off of the apron and then back onto the shooter gage. Might be easier to make two small screens for the shooter.
Bob

Bob- good question, no we were never planning on screening both parts at the same time for the very reasons you are talking about. We have received our Pantone inks from our supplier and are finishing up the last bits of tooling so we can begin manufacturing the parts. We are planning on a lower end number for our first project to see how well they sell. If anyone wants to be added to the pre-order list now would be the time.

#31 9 years ago

Merf,
I am interested in the project, unfortunately what i need are system 7 aprons (pharaoh, BK,Solar Fire), and I think a Funhouse would go over well too. I can't seem to find a good FH apron.
Is the High Speed apron metal the same as system 7? If so, i would take a couple without screening.
BTW - did you make a de-boss tool for the area around the instruction cards?
Bob

Bob, unfortunately just about every ball arch is different in one way or another starting in the late 80s. High Speed is very close to general System 11 but with different screened artwork and changes to the apron itself. Funhouse is on a list of games we would like to have done this year. There is no plan on selling blank aprons, but we are making aprons for the great guys at Pingraffix who will be doing custom graphics.
Our business is making metal parts of all sorts so there are no shortcuts being taken. All new tooling, such as the de-boss tooling is being made right now.

1 month later
#33 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

matt,
since you plan on screening the pieces separately, does this mean that there is the possibility of being able to purchase just the shooter lane piece for a specific machine? (once the screens have been made for that machine)
and not to derail your HS thread, but will the costs for those aprons where there were stickers applied (instead of the main apron being silkscreened) be lower or include the necessary stickers? (like cftbl)

That's a possibility. Right now I have an equal number of aprons and shooter gauges. The plan for machines with stickers on the shooter gauge would be to supply the apron complete with sticker so the user doesn't have to worry about it.

#34 9 years ago

Sneak peak of the finished aprons for Pinsiders. I'm still waiting to get final approval from Rick at Planetary Pinball, but couldn't resist sharing the pictures. The powder coat and silkscreening turned out great.

IMG_4106.jpgIMG_4106.jpg IMG_4107.jpgIMG_4107.jpg IMG_4105.jpgIMG_4105.jpg
#36 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Beautiful. Anything done to underside?

All surfaces were powder coated in gloss black before silk screening.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's good to know cuz you know how rust "creeps". Thanks

The powder coat should resist ball marks much better than the standard paint that Williams used as well.

3 weeks later
#46 9 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Anything from Rick?

I've got the approval, just waiting on the Williams Hologram stickers to start selling.

1 week later
#49 9 years ago

Update, the Williams hologram stickers have arrived from PPS and we are ready to begin shipping out aprons. Pricing and shipping are listed above.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

That's a looker. Now I'm hoping for a Taxi version...
Steve

We are always in more need to artists to get more games started. Anyone is welcome to PM for interest in becoming a Merf's Pins artist and we can talk reimbursement details.

#51 9 years ago

Bump for the night crowd

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I can color inside the lines, if that helps, Matt.

Bryan Kelly, official Merf's Pins artist. You heard it here folks.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Do you have Bride of Pinbot already on the map? I was going to try and make my own for my BOP. If you don't have one and i some how am able to get it worked out to look nice, I'll send you the file if you'd like. I'm no artist but I have a need so was planning on trying at least since nothing is out there.

Send me a PM and we can discuss BOP.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

The Banzai Run apron looks just like HS but it has the game # in the
artwork just to the bottom right of the round Williams "W".
31 -1008 -566 - RD
Its less generic than most System 11 Pin aprons that I have come across.
Any chance of getting them made if I supply photos of the specifics?
TIA
Pin - K
http://www.KimballsPinballs.com

Send the pictures to my email listed at the top of the post and I will check it out.

#62 9 years ago

Matt,
If i could supply solidworks drawings of the Aprons and vector art for the screening, Would you consider doing Pharaoh, BK and Solar Fire?
Bob

Bob, if you supply the artwork and it meets Williams/Bally standards we will credit you with the artwork. PM me and we can work out further details of reimbursement.

#63 9 years ago

Exciting news, we found out that our next game shares tooling with High Speed so our costs will be going down for this run. As a way to extend our good news we have decided to lower the costs of the apron and shooter set for High Speed to $99.95 plus the regular shipping rates. All customers who ordered at the regular price will be receiving a refund of the difference Monday when we ship out.

If you would like to order please send $99.95 + Shipping ($15 US, $20 Canada, $50 Europe, $60 Australia). Each extra set will only be $5 more in shipping to [email protected]. Please be sure to include your Pinside username in addition to you "Real" name and address where you would like the apron and shooter gauge shipped.

If you would like to send a check, please send me a message letting me know so I can set aside an apron before they sell out. Checks and money orders can be sent to:
Merf's Pins
2612 17th Ave NW
Rochester, MN 55901

#65 9 years ago

Bay Area Amusements will also be stocking a few apron/gauge sets in case you miss out on these before they sell out.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Really looks sweet with those new CPR playfields Matt! The personal delivery was a nice touch! This is certainly a lot easier than repainting\decaling an old one.

Nothing but the best for you

#69 9 years ago

Busy weekend printing labels. Let me know if you need an apron and shooter gauge, they are going quick!!

IMG_4490.jpgIMG_4490.jpg

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

any chance you sell just the shooter guage? Mines all twisted up.....

Maybe at a later date. We made just enough shooter gauges to go with the aprons to be sold as sets.

1 week later
1 week later
#78 9 years ago
Quoted from sake:

Looking very good! Planning a HS2 also?

That's always something for us to look at later down the line.

BTW, we still have some HS aprons in stock for anyone that needs them.

4 weeks later
#79 9 years ago

Just got the last batch of High Speed aprons done. Better get them now before they are sold out.

1 week later
#83 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Matt, curiosity question for ya....is your plans to continue to do one title at a time and see how the interest continues or will you be releasing more titles at the same time going forward?

The plan for right now is to release another game shortly. For the next run I'm considering doing a paid pre-order with a set number necessary to start production, kind of like a kickstarted. If enough aren't sold everyone will get their money back.

2 months later
#91 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

It's been a while....any Totan updates ???

CAD files, CNC tooling, and artwork package are complete. Right now the we are trying to decide how many to make and if we are going to do a pre-order so we don't end with extra inventory.

3 weeks later
#94 9 years ago

That's right, we are taking pre-orders for Tales of the Arabian Nights right now

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pre-order-totan-apronball-arch-repro

3 weeks later
#95 9 years ago

There are still a few of these left in stock if anyone needs them before they are sold out for good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merfeldma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-ball-archapron-remakes?tu=merfeldma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.