Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JordanB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Picked up for cheap, ended up having some issues with the MPU. I bought a new one($425) from Ks Arcade. There is a small wear spot on the playfield so I figured it was not a good candidate for a full restoration and re-stencil. I love High Speed, this is my second one, but I have never liked the red police lights. It took a lot of looking but I found a blue beacon light cover, and blue flasher covers for the playfield. I changed a lot of the general illumination to blue and white LED lights also. I added blue LED lights underneath it to light up the floor like an underglow. The white flashers still washed out the blue flasher covers so I got blue LED flasher bulbs. I had to unhook a capacitor from them because even the little voltage held on them would light up the LEDs. I understand this was to keep the regular flashers "ready", but even that small amount of voltage would power up the LED flashers. New rubbers, new balls, new locks, repainted coin door, and black area of backbox. The blue LEDs in the backbox totally change the look. Cleaned and waxed, its a very fast player!! I set all the switches to "hair trigger" so it plays fast.

More of a modification with the lighting then a restoration, but in my opinion better than stock original.

Pics to follow.

8 months later
#2 8 years ago

Where are the pics? ) Keen to see how it turned out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-a-resto-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.