(Topic ID: 114075)

Williams High Speed

By Aulantern

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aulantern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My HS was all working ok .....then all three Pop bumpers stopped as well as the left and right kickers??. Look for loose connections and broken wire ...could not see any thing . If I run the switch diagnostic it does not pick up the bumpers or the kickers. If I use the diode and jumper lead..the display suggests that all is good . If i start the game and fire the connector with another switch on the same row...the coil doesn't fire...score increases..Maybe my brain is fried from all of the xmas stuff. Oh ..I also changed the TIP 122 tranny over as I had some in my kit. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers

#4 9 years ago

Thanks Guys..I pulled and checked all the fuses....all good.It may or may not be related,I noticed the other day the Knocker was disconnected. I resoldered the wire back on it worked . Maybe it was not connected for a reason ? I have been doing play field repairs, (cleaning and touch ups) over the last few days so l did not pick up on the problems until the night before last. I have noticed on the CPU that U50 which seems to be related has at some time been socketed. I am going to try and track down a chip today for the hell of it and through it in. I am open to any other ideas / diagnostics that I can have crack at...I will let you know if the chip works, assuming I can get one of course.

#5 9 years ago

looks like the "B" component is cracked ? There are plenty of them around the board but cannot figure put what it is via the schematics . It looks like a diode i think.Can someone pls help. Cheers

#7 9 years ago

Sorted....It turned out to be a faulty 2N4401 and TIP122 as well as a dodgy Utilux connector on the Power supply. tip for young players....When metering out from a Utilux, measure from the actual pin..not the wire on top of the plug. This can give you the impression that all is ok. Not necessarily the case as the wire was not making contact with the pin.. Late nights fixing pinballs when i should of been in bed . Damn Utilux connectors!!!
Thank everyone for your help....It was doing my head in. I just needed to walk away and come back with a clear mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aulantern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-1?tu=aulantern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.