Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fredsmythson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Schematic v1 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Having an issue with my Gulfstream (which I pulled out of my friends heated garage, hasn't been played much in about 7 years, was playing correctly when it went in):

Game starts up and plays. However when you make a 3-in-line and then hit one of the two kick-out holes, the game adds a ball (as it should) but does NOT score the 5,000 points and does NOT re-set the tic-tac-toe playfield (which of course makes it very easy to continue to add balls).

Note that the 'S-P-E-C-I-A-L' feature DOES work. When all are lit and the bottom rollover is triggered, it also adds balls and it does reset the feature (the SPECIAL bank coil is triggered).

I have the manual and schematic. I'm fairly poor at reading the schematic but I do know that the '3-in-line Reset Relay' is not firing. I'm guessing that another relay and/or motor switch is not making a good connection and causing that relay not to engage.

Appreciate any help from Gulfstream owners or anyone else. I think the photo below may contain the key part of the schematic.

The game is in the youth room at our church so I don't get a chance to work on it as much as I want. Trying to get it in shape for an event this coming weekend!

Thanks to all

(PS - also have an issue that the game is not scoring 500 points (off any rollover/kickout) but I will worry about the other issue first.)

Schematic v1 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

You'll need to look at the 3-in-line reset relay circuit and the 5000 point relay circuit. Find the coil for each relay on the schematic and and follow the circuit back toward the switches. For the 3-in line reset relay coil, look at the following;

3-in-line reset relay switch - yellow/blue wire and yellow/red wire
Eject relay switch - yellow/blue wire and grey/blue wire
Score motor switch IND E - grey/blue wire and yellow wire
3-in-line reset relay switch - yellow/red wire and blue/orange wire
Score motor switch 5B - blue/orange wire and yellow wire

Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly. If these switches check out okay, then we'll look at the relays that control power to the switches...

#3 1 year ago

FIXED!

Thanks 'fredsmythson'. Went through the switches you listed and it was score motor switch 5B that I think was the problem.

Of course right after I fixed that, I started having an issue with the game not counting down balls, but I cleaned and adjusted all the switches in the outhole and game index relays as well as the score motor switch stacks associated with them and it worked.

Appreciate the help, all set for the church event this weekend!

#4 1 year ago

Great to hear you found the problem. Enjoy the machine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 89.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside