7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by heatwave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Unfortunately, I do not have the schematics for a Williams GULFSTREAM and this is the simple problem that I'm trying to fix in my machine: having the plug located in the backbox programmed for "REPLAY" the reward that I'm receiving is an extra ball when I make three numbers in line and the ball enters in one of the eject holes or when the ball passes through any of the two return lanes when all the "SPECIAL" letters have been spotted. Scores programmed for points are rewarded correctly: a credit for each level.

Any tips or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Robert

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Looks like Gulf stream is convertible for its location to be Replay as in free game or Add a Ball where replays where illegal. Schematics would help. Sounds like that plug to change between the two is malfunctioning somehow and stuck in the add a ball mode.

GULFSTREAM has three options for the "Game Adjustment": REPLAY, ADD-A-BALL and NOVELTY.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it also Award ball when you've got it in the middle position? I'll check my schematics tomorrow and maybe grab a pic of that section

Yes, if I plug the option ADD-A-BALL I receive the same award (an extra ball)

#6 7 years ago

My reference for the reward was based in the information printed in the flyer: "... the anticipation of an extra ball or replays after making S-P-E-C-I-A-L or 3 in line or 4 Corners of the Magic Square"

But a few minutes ago I had access to read a copy of the manual and according with it: "In REPLAY position Hi-Scores and number match circuits will advance Replay Unit ... Ball in Left or Right eject pocket when 3 in line are lit, or, Left or Right bottom inside rollover when S-P-E-C-I-A-L are lit, scores one Extra Ball ..."

Then looks like my problem was not a real problem: the red arrows of the playfield marked as "SPECIAL" means "EXTRA BALL" and the information on the flyer is partially false: Extra Ball is the only reward after making S-P-E-C-I-A-L or 3 in line (NO CREDITS are awarded when any of these two sequences are completed).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-gulfstream-problem-with-reward?tu=bigdaddy1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.