(Topic ID: 164677)

Williams Gulfstream Lights Up But Won't Start

By entomophile

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi all. I just purchased my first two pinball machines from a collector, a 1974 Bally 'Bow and Arrow' and a 1973 Williams 'Gulfstream'. I need a little tech help with the Gulfstream.

It was playing fine for a few dozen games. Immediately after playing one game, the game reset button would not restart the game, lights were still on. I powered the game off and unplugged it. Powered it back up and pressed the reset button. Nothing happens, lights do not come on. When I press the left flipper button the lights come on and the lock relay energizes but nothing else happens. I thought maybe the score motor was stuck so I moved it manually with power off. When I powered back up it reset to zero as expected.

There were/are no odd smells, no obvious repairs, all the fuses I could find look OK, don't see any burnt coils. I cleaned the contacts on the reset switch but no change. I do have the original schematics. Not sure what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Greg

#2 7 years ago

Open the backbox and roll the credit reel to add credits. Probably not set to free play.
Left flipper activation (power on) is normal for a Gulfstream.

#3 7 years ago

What Mikala said.Or add a few quarters.

#4 7 years ago

Solved! It was the credit wheel. It was showing credits but must have been stuck or something. I advanced it manually and everything works again. Thank you all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-gulfstream-lights-up-but-wont-start?hl=entomophile and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.