Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpg
IMG_1493 (resized).jpg
IMG_1492 (resized).jpg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpg
IMG_1490 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from flb_gulfstream:

I just set up an account and placed an order with The Pinball Resource. I hadn't done business with them before. It was a pleasant experience and will work with them again.
I have used Marco Specialties before. That, too, was a good experience so I will also use them in the future.
It's probably best to spread business over as many of these parts suppliers as possible in order to keep them around.
I can't wait to get the coils and flipper rebuild kits. I am anticipating this will be an entirely different game once those repairs are made.
Thanks again.

Yes, you're gonna truly be stoked once you see how fast those flips move the ball around the table; like every pin game ever made, it's great when everything works properly and as designed. Gulfstream was my first purchase in 1986, and I still have it and play it to this day.

#10 3 years ago

I can see the money pit forming now.
After rebuilding the flippers I will probably talk myself into rebuilding the pop bumper mechanisms and the kick-out hole mechanisms.
My wife will be extremely happy about this.

The kickouts shouldn't require parts... as far as the pops - parts are relatively cheap... skirts about 1$ a piece; spoon switches usually don't need replacing, and WMS bodies hold up well but if they're old, cracked and tired those run about 4$ a piece.. shouldn't break the bank. If you haven't done so, I'd replace your flipper coil stops if they weren't replaced previously.

#12 3 years ago

“Enhanced coil stops” are included in the Williams flipper rebuild kit KT-WFLIP-04 that I ordered from The Pinball Resource.
I will start looking at parts for the pop bumpers. I replaced two cracked skirts when I first got the machine. The metal cages were a little pitted so I tried to polish them but now I wish I would have done a better job (or just replaced them).
I want to look at the coil sleeves on the pop bumpers and kick outs. The new coils for the flippers come with sleeves.
I wasn’t sure I’d ever get the machine running when I first got it so I tried doing just enough to get it going. Now that it’s been running, I’m trying to make things the way they should be. Hopefully I don’t mess something up in my efforts to make things better.

Sounds like you're well on your way to learning how to be a super EM Tech... learn by doing beats a book any time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-gulfstream-flipper-question?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.