Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have one's and ten's score reels scoring at same time. Any thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

Clean and adjust the switches on the 1s reel and you should take care of it.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from JDCycle:

I have one's and ten's score reels scoring at same time. Any thoughts?

That would be the 10 and 100 point score wheels. The 1's are a dummy reel.

Quoted from JBK:

Clean and adjust the switches

Yes, on the 10's.

Ken

#4 9 years ago

Thanks and will get done tonight and report back.

#5 9 years ago

I don't see any problem with the score reel switches and compare with several other Williams machines in the shop. I need to find or order a schematic at this point I suppose.

#6 9 years ago

You've got a short on the contact closing at 9th position taking the other reel with him on the tenth position.
Put a thin piece of paper between the contact on the score relay of the tens, the one that makes the contact on the 100's, then you can locate the short either on the score reel contact or on the wiring harness.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from JDCycle:

I don't see any problem with the score reel switches and compare with several other Williams machines in the shop. I need to find or order a schematic at this point I suppose.

JD - I have not seen the schematic available for sale or online anywhere, but I have it.
I don't have the ability to scan the large size sheet it's on, but can easily run copies. If you want a paper copy, shoot me a PM and I would be happy to paper mail you a print.

#8 9 years ago

Found a blob of solder on a relay mounted to the playfield that switches scoring from tens to hundreds that hard to believe was actually making contact. Now fixed.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from JDCycle:

Found a blob of solder on a relay mounted to the playfield that switches scoring from tens to hundreds that hard to believe was actually making contact. Now fixed.

It's amazing how many times this happens, especially if you're working on the underside of a playfield, and not covering the relays on the mech. panel with a sheet... I just had a similar problem on a target alpha I was fixing... a splash of solder on the bakelite spacer basically closed a circuit that kept the score motor engaged... I was very lucky and eyeballed the issue prior to the issue driving me insane!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-gulf-stream-score-reels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.