Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

It’s likely one of the switches circled in the lower part of the schematic. Each of those when closed energizes the score motor, thus any of them stuck closed will result in your symptom. You need to go find each switch and ensure it’s not closed. You can stick paper between them if your worried your not sure if it’s open or closed. If it’s of help, some switches are on the playfield others will be in a relay stack in the bottom. I am going to bet it’s the reset relay based upon your description. It’s also the one switch in that list that’s likely to be gapped quite tightly and could easily have an issue.

#8 5 years ago

Ahhh... I did not understand that- The outhole relay is pulled in by the outhole switch, the left and right bonus relays and zero switch on left and right bonus units.

The manual for this game is freely available on IPDB as well as schematic. My above information is basically a direct quote from the manual. You should download and read. The manual for this game is exceedingly good and easy to understand.

The manual will tell you that the switch of the left and right bonus relays that activates the outhole is the furthest from the coil and is a NC switch.

I am still not sure I understand what’s going wrong exactly but you can use this info to look a bit... did not mean to hijack the help you were getting (it is very good help, listen to HowardR the dude knows his games) and I would look carefully at the switch stacks he circled in red as I think he was correct to have you inspect those based upon your initial description. I am not sure based upon your recent description, but either way, the components identified are a small list to inspect and you should find the problem in them unless we are simply not understanding the issue.

Download the manual and look at the description for the outhole and bonus relays....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-trouble-1?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.