• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3371 (resized).JPG
IMG_3367 (resized).JPG
IMG_0534 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

The player stepper unit in the backbox. Seem to have a situation and I need to know what it looks like. Seems the game starts and only plays on player 2. But manually moving the stepper, it only goes 4 notches and then hits a 1/4" flat spot in the stepper sprocket. Looks factory. The zero out stud hits in the frame in the correct area. The pin that triggers the switches when it's in 0, are hitting, but this flat spot seems to be in the wrong area or not suppose to be there at all. Anyone have a picture on what the gear looks like for the player stepper?

#2 6 years ago

I dont' know if i'm explaining it right. I don't know what the sprocket with the teeth on it is called.

#5 6 years ago

that's what the sprocket looks like. See that flat spot in the gears. It moves up 3 spots and hits the flat spot.

#6 6 years ago

or could the fingers thing be on backwards? I know it can go on 2 ways. If someone took it off and put it on upside down, that might cause some stuff no?

and I tried putting this in the EM tech forum, but i couldn't find it. There was only generic, early solid state, late solid state, and new games.

#9 6 years ago

The stepper moves freely. and resets all the way back into the park position. I bet the board needs to be aligned. Never thought of that.

#11 6 years ago

I actually had it for sale pretty cheap. Someone in league just bought it, and i'm helping him trouble shoot.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

captainneo , I just finished my Grand Prix restore and I had to troubleshoot the player unit so it (the nightmare) is still fresh in my mind.
(1) It should reset to player 1. You can manually trigger this with the reset coil on the unit.
(2) It will only move 3 notches on the unit (p1, p2, p3 and p4) 3-notches because the start position is p1
When you start a game, does it start in P1 or P2?
Are you able to queue up a 4 player game?

it starts on 2 player, even when I reset manually. It can't move back anymore than it does because of the zero out stud that hits that little pocket on the frame. I bet the board is moved. because the sprocket looks just like the picture. I didn't know it was only suppose to move 4 spots. I thought it was like gottlieb where it advances, 5 spots per player, for each ball /player.

when I tried to start a 2 player game, it looked like it added players, but came around and stayed on 2player anyway.

#18 6 years ago

havn't tried anything yet. We just looked at it briefly. I wanted some ideas on the direction to look, and the flat spot seemed weird, so close. Because i'm used to gottlieb EM's. But the flat spot is confirmed, so now I know other directions to help him.

#20 6 years ago

make sure it's advancing to the 4th player. maybe it's not reaching that last ratchet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-stepper-unit-sprocket-info-needed?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.