• Latest reply 5 years ago by spinout
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grandprix star (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

I just noticed this Williams Grand Prix playfield posted for sale in the Facebook Marketplace. It immediately struck me as odd for 2 reasons - 1) the tops of the left and right bonus arrows are filled in with white paint versus the normal red. 2) Why is there a star rollover in the drain between the flippers?

Has anyone ever seen this? I checked ipdb for both the normal EM and prototype SS versions and nowhere does anyone have a star rollover between the flippers. Perhaps another prototype playfield? Just weird.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2111595872226972/

grandprix star (resized).jpggrandprix star (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

There is a picture of a playfield with the white arrows on ipdb. This machine was in production for a long time and probably had a few changes along the way. As for the star rollover, I do not believe it’s original since Williams did not use star rollovers in any of their 70’s EM’s.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks! So it looks like someone added a star rollover... oddly just above the drain... I wonder how much you score for losing your ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-star-rollover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.