Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190215_142950 (resized).jpg
20190215_141716 (resized).jpg
20190215_135657 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LyonsRonnie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

Instead of making an entirely new post, I thought I'd add on here, since it's a simple enough question, has anybody else had an issue where if you really slam that spinner, you get TOO MANY points? It's usually at the 9th position, so if for instance I've got it up to 1000, and my score is at 5000, if I hit that sucker hard sometimes it'll very quickly end up at 30,000. I think it's adding an extra 10,000 in there when it rolls over from 9,000 to 10,000... so the score will go something like 5,000,6,000, 7,000, 8,000, 9,000, 20,000 , 21,000 etc. but it's so quick you can barely see it. I've looked at the 9th position switches and it seems to do it on all four players.

So my question is, is that just something these do sometimes since it scores so quick if you really hit the spinner hard?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

When the 1k reel is on the 9th position and the spinner switch closes, it energizes the 10k reel and the 1k. If the spinner switch closes again before the 1k 9th position switch opens, but the 10k reel has already clicked, it will click the 10k again. It may be possible your 1k 9th pos switch is staying closed too long, or your 1k reel is a bit gummed up/etc and not incrementing fast enough

That's what I thought too, but like I mentioned it does it on all four players... and with the speed of the game, I'm wondering if that's common to Grand Prix's since those spinners get hit so hard with the DC flippers....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LyonsRonnie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-spinner-scoring?tu=LyonsRonnie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.