0Grand-Prix-Work-37 (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-Work-36 (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-pinside-A-Work-Save (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-Tilt-Relay-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_0655 (resized).JPG
0Grand-Prix-Work-35 (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-pinside-A-Work (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
0Grand-Prix-page-four-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
0Grand-Prix-Total-Sepia-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0647 (resized).JPG
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I have one score reel that is not resetting. The coil is not pulling in. The coil ohms match all the other coils.
How can I test the coil?

By the way switches are set correct I can manually take it to zero and it will end the reset process.

#2 6 years ago

does the reel score during play? That will narrow down the problem. I assume you have a schematic?

#3 6 years ago

Yes In have schematic and manual, I am going through all the score motor switches right now.

I am not far enough to play to see if the reels score. This pinball was a basket case. If I knew then (when I bought it) what I knew now,
I may have passed buying it. all The wires to one score reel had all the insulation burnt off.

The past 10 hours I worked on all the score reels cleaning and servicing, and finding wires off coils and switches.

#4 6 years ago

Depending on which score reel it is manually activate the related relay to see if the coil fires. For example, if it's the 10's reel, manually activate the 10 point relay to see if it fires the score reel. That will help you determine if it's a problem with the score reel or possibly the related relay.

#5 6 years ago

For some reason scoring is dead right now. No Flippers no scoring happening, not even manually.

#6 6 years ago

Made Some progress player unit needs attention, I got manual scoring to work, the coil works un scoring.

#7 6 years ago

Could it be Jones Plugs? flippers and Playfield still dead

#8 6 years ago

Definitely check the jones plug and check your fuses to make sure you didn't blow one and didn't realize it. Is/was the game resetting to begin play if the score reels were set to 0?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Definitely check the jones plug and check your fuses to make sure you didn't blow one and didn't realize it. Is/was the game resetting to begin play if the score reels were set to 0?

Found the coil problem another cut wire hidden in the harness. Don't know why the previous owner did these things.

Now to figure out why flippers and playfield do not work.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Now to figure out why flippers and playfield do not work.

Can anyone shed any light on these issues?
I have been through the manual and schematic for hours now.
I watched Steve Fury's Youtube video over and over again. It seems playfield switches are not activated.
Flippers do not work
game start switch does not work
game over never comes on

score reels zero out when I manually press reset relay.

I don't know where to turn at this time.

#11 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
problems on EM-Pins are from the category "the pin starts --- when playing: XY or ZA or BC or whatsoever does not work" - and the other category is "The pin does not start completely - therefore I cannot play" and in this category the question is: "I plug-in the main power cord - what happens ?" - then I toggle-on the main power switch - what happens ? - I have credits visible on the Replay-Counter-Window in the Backbox and I press the Credit-Button - what happens ? Slowly walking through the Start- / Reset-procedures - at the end the ball is kicked-out (and very modern EM-Pins step the Bonus-Ladder up one bonus). Then the playing and eventually problems of the first mentioned category are in focus.

From Your posts I see that You have found the Reset-Relay - You manually activate it and some stuff happens.
I would like to look at the Backglass when You toggle-on the pin - the lights turn on - do You see in the Backglass lighted "Game Over ? OR IS lighted "Ball in Play" maybe the "1" or the "2" or the "3" or the "4" or the "5" ? WHAT is lighted in the Backglass ?

Instead of manually activating the Reset-Relay: Please manually activate the Coin***-Relay --- what happens ?

Coin***-Relay: A much better name would be: Start-Relay - thats what it is for.
Greetings Rolf

#12 6 years ago

When pin is turned off, and then turned on, every thing is at zero.

On the back glass.
First payer up light is lit
Ball in Play = 1
one to four can play =1

when coin relay is activated the score motor makes 1/2 revolution

#13 6 years ago

Mike, I have this machine, but not the schematics. Can you post
a pic of the schematics?
Off the top of head, have you cleaned and properly adjusted the
contacts in the Tilt Relay (and maybe Game Over Relay also)..
Can you tell for sure that it hadn't remained on tilt after you were
able to get it to reset?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Mike, I have this machine, but not the schematics. Can you post
a pic of the schematics?
Off the top of head, have you cleaned and properly adjusted the
contacts in the Tilt Relay (and maybe Game Over Relay also)..
Can you tell for sure that it hadn't remained on tilt after you were
able to get it to reset?

HI Tim,
cleaned and adjusted all relays according to the manual. I can manually cause a tilt manually with tilt relay.

Give me a few minutes to post schematics

#15 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
look here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1677/Bally_1976_Night_Rider_Manual.pdf (OK - it is a Bally Pin) - see on page-16 the "Game-Over-Relay". It has an armature with an Nylon-Ladder mounted - the armature (this Latch-Armature) in the ipdb-manual-picture is almost vertical. Also mounted is an Trip-armature (almost horizontal in the pic - NO Nylon-Ladder mounted).
Toggle-off Your pin and unplug the main power cord. Look in the bottom of the cabinet in Your pin for the "Game-Over-Relay --- it also has the two armatures mounted - gently press the TRIP-Armature --- plug-in, toggle-on - question: Do You see by now "Game-Over" lit in the Backglass ?
What happens when You press the Credit-Button ? What happens when You manually activate the Coin-Relay ? Greetings Rolf

P.S.: I live in Switzerland, Europe --- it is a quarter to eleven at night --- pretty soon I will go to sleep.

#16 6 years ago

IMG_0646 (resized).JPGIMG_0646 (resized).JPG

IMG_0647 (resized).JPGIMG_0647 (resized).JPG

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

gently press the TRIP-Armature --- plug-in, toggle-on - question: Do You see by now "Game-Over" lit in the Backglass ?
What happens when You press the Credit-Button ? What happens when You manually activate the Coin-Relay ? Greetings Rolf
P.S.: I live in Switzerland, Europe --- it is a quarter to eleven at night --- pretty soon I will go to sleep.

Game over is lit
Credit Button = nothing
Coin Relay = nothing

Game over relay does not change.

#18 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy +
here http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1072 we can make us a copy of the schematics and the manual.

No Luck - nothing happens - hmm. Tomorrow I will post a snippet of schematics with "stuff to do" - I hope You have some "Jumper-Wire with gator-clips at the ends" --- If You do not have: An insulated wire having bare ends to wrap around a solder-lug also works. Till tomorrow, greetings Rolf

#19 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy +
here http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1072 we can make us a copy of the schematics and the manual.
No Luck - nothing happens - hmm. Tomorrow I will post a snippet of schematics with "stuff to do" - I hope You have some "Jumper-Wire with gator-clips at the ends" --- If You do not have: An insulated wire having bare ends to wrap around a solder-lug also works. Till tomorrow, greetings Rolf

Thanks Rolf

I have manual and schematics, and Jumper wires. I will watch tomorrow for what to try, Time difference will not put us on here at same time.

#20 6 years ago

When you manually activate the coin relay, does it go through the reset motions?
If not, how about if you manually activate the reset relay?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

When you manually activate the coin relay, does it go through the reset motions?
If not, how about if you manually activate the reset relay?

Coin Relay adds a player
Reset Relay goes through reset motiions

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Coin Relay adds a player

Coin Relay adds a player after reset. So after reset, the Game Over light
is not lit and the Game Over Relay does latch..

#23 6 years ago

Game Over is not latching I have to manually latch. Its like no power getting to the relays in bottom of cabinet. All relay switches are set correctly according to manual. and no power to flippers, and start button on cabinet. If that makes any sense.

#24 6 years ago

Test continuity across the wires on both sides of your fuses. Don't test on the fuse, test outside of it. We're trying to rule out bad fuse holders. It happens, just had it happen to me this week on a bally game.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Test continuity across the wires on both sides of your fuses. Don't test on the fuse, test outside of it. We're trying to rule out bad fuse holders. It happens, just had it happen to me this week on a bally game.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did not test for this. Continuity good across wires.

#26 6 years ago

Hi
this post is only about "schematics". I made me an copy of the ipdb-schematics: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1072 I then used an free service and made me four pages of JPG-format. I put three pages into one JPG (6.10 MB data) and let the fourth page "as is" (641 KB data). I freshened-up a bit and made an PDF of 3.26 MB data and one of 370 KB data. I then used a free service to reduce data - and the quality suffers a bit - result: 224 KB data and 22 KB data - these "reduced PDFs"I show here --- You may have to do a "right-hand-side" mouse-click into the stuff - then use "Save target as ..." to make You copies so You can look at.

I wonder how pinside can live with us uploading every day tons of data - I do not upload MB data files --- IF (if, if) You want the (slightly better quality): Write me an PM with an EMail-Adress and I will send You copies --- it is originally ipdb-stuff --- write what You want - JPG or PDF or both.
Well, actually I believe: The stuff here is readable - reasonable quality --- but I can send the bigger data files. Greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-Total-Sepia-orpalis.pdf0Grand-Prix-Total-Sepia-orpalis.pdf

0Grand-Prix-page-four-orpalis.pdf0Grand-Prix-page-four-orpalis.pdf

#27 6 years ago

Thanks Rolf

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Game Over is not latching I have to manually latch

Diagnose this circuit to see why.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Diagnose this circuit to see why.

Thanks Howard, I will check that circuit when I get home after work.

#30 6 years ago

Hi
this time I do not agree with Howard --- my JPG shows "green" (first not shown is the activating of the Coin-Relay) - the Coin-Relay made pulling-in closes its switch - current can flow through the closed switch on Game-Over-Relay (as in the beginning the relay is tripped) and current reaches Reset-Relay - it pulls-in and throws its switch - the rest on the green lines (downwards in the JPG) starts happening.

As the Reset-Relay pulls-in: It also establishes along "red lines" its "Self-Hold-Current until ALL Scoredrums (and more stuff) are resetted".
HD_Fatboy - do You see why I asked You to TRIP the Game-Over-Relay - then actuate the Coin-Relay --- I was hoping for "green lines stuff - then red lines stuff".

I miss the information on "Did the pin EVER fully run in Your possession" ?
Another thing I would like to know - Do You want proceed on AAA ? Or do You want to proceed on BBB ?

AAA: We start at the beginning and look through "Starting and then resetting ..."
BBB: You kind of start / reset by actuating the Reset-Relay - we then try to "get action on the Playfield ..."
Greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-pinside-A-Work (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-pinside-A-Work (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago

"Did the pin EVER fully run in Your possession" ?
Another thing I would like to know - Do You want proceed on AAA ? Or do You want to proceed on BBB ?
AAA: We start at the beginning and look through "Starting and then resetting ..."
BBB: You kind of start / reset by actuating the Reset-Relay - we then try to "get action on the Playfield ..."
Greetings Rolf

The pin never worked correctly 100% Left Kickout hole never kicked out ball, I never had it running long enough to fully evaluate the scoring.

I do not care on how to proceed AAA or BBB I will leave that up to you. I do however, would hope we get all issues resolved.

Now I have a very stupid question?

I am new to reading the schematics so please bear with me.

So I am looking for switch status on the coin relay Orange-Red Switch open. then to Game Over Relay open switch with same color wires?
Then to a switch on score motor cam (I will see if I can read on home schematic)?

I am just a little confused, because I see all these open switches, electric can not flow through all the open switches?

Like I said please be patient with me on this part of the trouble shooting.

#32 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
I would like to do ONE try on the "BBB" track (as You get some results with manually activating the Reset-Relay). Look at the JPG - this is "HOT side connection" to all coils - on the left You see the 24VAC fuse --- then "my grey line", "my blue line", "my brown line", my rosa/ pink line to bumpers and kickers and flipperbats and more. Once the pin has started and the reset has been done and You never bang a tilt: Current flows .... rosa/pink to all the relays etc.
You do not have action on the flipper bats so lets try and cheat a bit: We FORCE connection.
Your gator-clips on Your Jumper-Wires MUST HAVE INSULATION - You NEVER shall touch bare wires - You would touch 24VAC POWER /JUICE - You could be killed by the current flowing through YOU !!!.
Toggle-off the pin - unplug the main power cord. Locate the Switch on the Tilt-Relay with wire-red and wire red-yellow-white. Clip-on a Jumper-Wire at the solder-lug "red" - take the other end of the Jumper-Wire all around stuff - through the open Coin-Door - out into the open - let it hang - NOT touching metal. Take a second Jumper-Wire - locate the 24VAC-Fuse with wire-black-yellow-white and wire-black. Clip-on at the fuseholder "SIDE-WIRE-BLACK" !!!!! - then take the other end of the Jumper-Wire all around stuff - through the open Coin-Door - out into the open - let it hang - NOT touching metal. LATCH the Game-Over-Relay.
Then plug-in, toggle-on - do Your way of starting (manually actuating the Reset-Relay) - pin comes to idle. NOW a friend or You hold the Jumper-Wires together grabing the Jumper-Wires at the insulation --- the other of "You and Your friend": Tries the flippers, tries the bumpers.

AGAIN: You NEVER shall touch bare wires - You would touch 24VAC POWER /JUICE - You could be killed by the current flowing through YOU !!!.

IF the stuff (see above) brings live to Your playfield: We then may proceed in the BBB.
IF nothing happens: We sigh and we do the AAA way. Greetings Rolf

P.S. - Switches on the schematics: The schematics is drawn at a moment in the life of the pin --- The start-up and reset has been done and the first ball is kicked-over to the shooter-alley - THEN the main power-cord is unplugged. Strange - but thats the way the schematics is drawn.

0Grand-Prix-Work-35 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Work-35 (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago

When I do this, The far right first two switches are arcing and chattering on the tilt relay but the flippers and pop bumpers are working

#34 6 years ago

I cleaned and adjusted tilt relay switches and now they do not arc and chatter. This test was a success.

#35 6 years ago

Rolf, I cleaned all the rest of the switches on the mechanism panel in bottom of cabinet. Now I turn on pin, and the credit/start button works.
when I push it the score motor pulses and the coin relay advances to player three. still game over switch is on. I manually set game over switch, and this causes the tilt relay to pull in. I can "force" the tilt relay open, and then I have flippers and bumpers.

I don't know if this helps or hurts us at this point, but I thought you should know.

#36 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
We have a problem with the Game-Over-Relay --- please always use the term "Game-Over-Relay is tripped means we see 'Game-Over' in the Backbox" or then use the term "Game-Over-Relay is latched - we do NOT see 'Game-Over' in the Backbox".
The half of the problem is: To start a new game: Game-Over-Relay must be tripped so (JPG in post-30) the switch "my green star" is closed - when the Coin-Relay pulls-in - along my green lines and upwards through "closed green star switch": The Reset-Relay does pull-in.
The second half of the problem is - when the resets start then the Game-Over-Relay is made to latch - at the end of resetting - see JPG in post-32, my grey line and my blue line and the SWITCH in between: This switch must close - be closed as the Game-Over-Relay latches --- then with the other switches closed: We get power-connection to the playfield-stuff.

Please try: Toggle-off the pin and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - take a wooden stick and practice - with the wooden stick do "trip" the Game-Over-Relay" - then with the wooden stick do "latch" the relay --- do this many times - get practice with the wooden stick to trip and to latch.

Then TRIP the Game-Over-Relay - plug-in, toggle-on, start a game - use the wooden stick and (if the Game-Over-Relay has not latched on its own) : LATCH the Game-Over-Relay - what happens - can You play ?

In the backbox we can see "One can play" or "two can play" or "three can play" or "four can play" - when You toggle-on - start a game - WHAT do You see in that spot in the backbox "1 or 2 or 3 or 4" ?

Tilt-Relay problem: The best way to me would be / is: You unsolder wire-yellow-red away from the Coil on the Tilt-Relay --- the relay shall never pull-in - we are troubleshooting other problems - we do not want the Tilt-Relay to make more problems - for a while: You "put out of order the Tilt-Functionality" --- once the pin runs: We come back and look at the Tilt-Problem. Greetings Rolf

#37 6 years ago

Hello Rolf,

I will try these things when I get home and post back my results.

#38 6 years ago

Rolf,

Just to clarify, Do I unsolder the two solid yellow and two solid red from tilt relay? I unsoldered the two yellow red from the tilt relay but still tilt is on??????

IMG_0655 (resized).JPGIMG_0655 (resized).JPG

#39 6 years ago

Never mind stupid me, unsolder wire from coil!!!!!! OK I fixed the other wire to switch I still have to manually latch game over relay then most of the playfield items work. back box says ball one two can play.

#40 6 years ago

OK something I see going on, when I press credit/start button game over relay not pull in and latch, reset relay does not pull in so scores and steppers do not reset. I then manually pull in reset relay and all items zero out, pin says ball 1 1 player can play. I can use flippers and score some points. when I trip out hole switch change relay pulls in and nothing else happens. two side holes appear to be the only things not working on playfield.

#41 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
one problem is "You writing - me writing - at the (almost) same time" --- the following is written "not knowing Your post-39":

Hi HD_Fatboy
thanks for the picture of the Tilt-Relay. Grumble - sometimes the manufacturers use "generic (color of) wire" for the short connection "coil to switch mounted on the relay" - see my short dashes of yellow in the short wire - question - at the solder-lug on the switch: Is THERE a wire yellow-red soldered-on ?
I marked "burgundy-red the solder-lug on the coil to unsolder that short wire - tape the "bare, unsoldered end".

And so I start studying post-39 --- and will answer within half an hour - greetings Rolf

Hmmmmm -
and so I start studying post-39 and post-40 --- please wait until I have answered, greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-Tilt-Relay-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Tilt-Relay-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
from post-40 I read: You can make the pin to reset - and You can (+/-) play one ball. You then loose the played ball - and nothing happens - the pin should step down the "lit bonus-ladder" - the pin does not do it - and (second problem) the EJect-Holes do not work. On these two problems we will have to invest some time / work - so

I would like to look at the problem "starting a game with the Game-Over-Relay tripped": The Game-Over-Relay must latch - it does not - why ?
Maybe the coil is bad or somewhere in the connection a wire has broken ---
To test for the question "when we force connection - does the Game-Over-Relay latch ?" : Toggle-off the pin - prepare "my yellow jumpering" - then toggle-on and "start a game" - pin comes to idle - NOW make the connection and watch the Game-Over-Relay - DOES the LATCH-Side Coil PULL ?
To learn about the connections - see my blue dot - question: At Start-up: DOES the Coin-Unit-Reset-Coil fire ? (it should / must).

It is a quarter after eleven at night - (most likely) : Till tomorrow, greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-pinside-A-Work-Save (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-pinside-A-Work-Save (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

Hello Rolf,

First off thanks again for helping. I am learning a lot now about EM Machines. I tried to do your above test on the latch relay. I must have been doing it wrong cause I kept blowing the fuse. So I concentrated on trouble shooting The Game Over Relay. I had concerns of a bad coil on the latch side or the trip side, so I jumperd to one side of the fuse holder just to get voltage to see if I could get both coils to "pull".

Both coils would pull in. As I was testing, and watching the switches on the game over relay, the last switch did not look quite correct to me. It supposed to be normaly closed, and it did look like it, but it was not. I powered down pin. I cleaned, filed, and adjusted this switch.

I turned pin back on. I pressed the credit/start button pin reset everything, and now outhole is also working. I simulated a 1 player game from ball 1 to game over. All scoring seemed to be correct with the exception of the left kickout. NO scoring and NO kick out.

I then simulated a 4 player game, it worked with a little help from me, because the stepper units still need work.
I am going to start a new thread about stepper units, because I have trouble with these on all games and all types.

#44 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
this post is only theory / reading schematics (a post on troubleshooting to come).
A good thing to know is "top of the JPG, marked burgundy-red": A feature (maybe: To make 500 points - five times 100 points) needing the help of the Score-Motor turning - doing a turn of 180 degrees: The feature fires a short (in time) shot of electricity to the Motor - the motor starts running - immediately the switchstack on the Index-Cam (see my red-brown arrow) is lifted and so the topmost two switchblades get together --- stay together until by turning - coming to the end of the turn (of 180 degrees): The switchstack moves downwards and the two blades separate --- we call these to "topmost blades (switch) on Index-Cam on the motor" the "Self-Hold-Switch of the Score-Motor".
O.K. - when we work on a feature needing a turn of the motor (60% to 80% of the features NEED the help, thats my guess): We gently press DOWN the topmost-blade and let go --- the motor makes a turn (of 180 degrees). Good to know this blade --- want to try - when the pin is ready to play a ball - and so the pin idles: Gently press down the blade and let go --- the motor makes a turn.

Reading schematics because "lets say" when starting a game the Score-Drum "10 points" of Player-One does NOT reset (((we say reset - actually it is stepping forward to finally reaching position-zero on a drum))). We look in the list of relays and coils (schematics) - get the information of "1st Player 10 Pt. D.U. (Drum Unit) is located at schematics-E-10" --- I show this area in the JPG --- see the coil on the drum "my brow-Q, my rosa/pink-3". Towards left in the JPG I marked "rosa/pink wiring" and "blue wiring" --- TWO ways of activating the coil.

When we are playing - example: player-one - and make 10 points: The "10-point-relay" is made actuating - this relay closes switch "my rosa/pink-1" --- the Player-Unit (rosa/pink-2) is in position for Player-One --- current can flow and so the "rosa/pink-3" actuates.

But we are (as we do the "lets say ... starting ...") troubleshooting on the resetting --- the "brown O, P, Q" stuff is interesting us. Before the "O P Q" stuff can happen: A lot has to be done before ---
We start a game - the Coin-Relay is made pulling - the pulling Coin-Relay makes the motor to run - the pulling Coin-Relay closes its switch "my green A" - the running motor closes "my green B" - the "C Coil" fires. Also the Game-Ocer-Relay is still tripped at this time - so "my green D" is closed - current flows to "my green E" - the Reset-Relay pulls-in - it one of its closing switches makes the motor to run - the Reset-Relay pulling also closes its Self-Hold-Switch (my red F) - the many closed switches "G H I J" together with the "closed F": along the "my red lines" the "E" stays pulling, pulling, pulling for a long*** time. Within this long*** time: Along the "my brown lines" the "G H I J" also closed - together with the running motor - the "brown K-Switch" pulses the "L", the "brown M" pulses the "brown N and the brown O". Great - we have the "my brown O - the No. 1 Reset-Relay" pulsing - so the "same letter, the 'O'-Switch pulses" - when "switch O" closes and the Score-Drum is not yet in Zero-Position: "my brown P" is closed --- the "my brown Q - the Score-Drum makes a step". This "makes a step" is done and done and done until the Score-Drum reaches its Zero-Position*** - then "my brown P" opens --- no more pulses to the "my brown Q - THIS DRUM-UNIT IS RESETTED".
It is a long*** time the "my green E" does constantly pulls - the motor may do many turns --- but with the resetting of the bonus-ladders and the resetting of all Score-Drums on all four Players: "my red G H I" open - the motor turns to the end of the actual turn - the "my red J" opens --- the "my green E" looses connection - let go and so "my red F" opens --- end of the feature "resetting".

Zero-Position*** on a Score-Drum: Here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/415/Williams_1968_Cabaret_Instruction_Manual_no_schematics.pdf at page-15 (ori-13) (upper right corner) the two "Zero Switches" - open in Position Zero. One of these two switches is "my brown P" --- the other of these two switches is "(one of the twenty) my red I".

An excellent description of "Bally Bon Voyage - ONE-Player-Pin - Add-A-Ball-Pin" - xsvtoys made the descrition on his pin - here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-schematic-fully-described-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage ipdb has http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=343 the schematics and the manual to download. When You study the topic You will learn about "generic stuff" - Bally has the same logic in the pins as Williams has. Having a FOUR-Player-REPLAY-Pin (You have): The stepping on the ball is made different in the "Bon Voyage" - but the topic is very good to learn about "Starting and playing a play".

SteveFury made a great video:

the starting of "Williams Space Mission" - about the same as Your "Grand Prix" --- ipdb has http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2253 the sche matics and the manual. Watch the video and study the schematics. Greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-Work-36 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Work-36 (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago

Hi Rolf,

Thanks again, some of this stuff is starting to make sense. Just need to study it over and over again.

#46 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
the "G H I J" stuff in the JPG in post-44 --- actually the "I" stuff --- the 20 Score-Drums to be resetted --- a long time ago I once tried to explain - there were 16 (not 20) Score-Drums to be resetted - want to read the "16 men sitting in a room (almost dark)" explanation: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-williams-dealers-choice#post-2541079 . Greetings Rolf

#47 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
the "G H I J" stuff in the JPG in post-44 --- actually the "I" stuff --- the 20 Score-Drums to be resetted --- a long time ago I once tried to explain - there were 16 (not 20) Score-Drums to be resetted - want to read the "16 men sitting in a room (almost dark)" explanation: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-williams-dealers-choice#post-2541079 . Greetings Rolf

Hi Rolf,

16 men in a room with there flashlights is a very good read and analogy on how all the score drums need to reset. Everything appears to be working. I have coming, some new stepper unit spring kits to get my stepper units working correctly. The only thing left I need to fix is the left kickout hole. I don't know if it can be done now? or do I need to finish stepper units first.

#48 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
this is info to everybody - I struggle with "troyans - malware - whatever name" --- I might be blocked-off from pinside all of a sudden. Greetings Rolf

P.S.: sure - I try to help with posting suggestions (to come)

#49 6 years ago

Thanks again Rolf, I really am thankful!

#50 6 years ago

Hi HD_Fatboy
what exactly does not work on the "left Eject-Hole ? See the JPG --- "my blue lines": The coil on the left Eject-Hole kicks together with the coil on the right Eject-Hole.

"My green lines": A Bonus-Unit must be stepped down to Zero - then the Eject-Relay is activated.
(((My red lines show the 'establishing Self-Hold-Circuitry' on the relay - the relay closes its "Self-Hold-Switch"))) Greetings Rolf

0Grand-Prix-Work-37 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Work-37 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-one-score-reel-not-reseting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.