• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
DSC03267_(resized).JPG
DSC03268_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I’m not great player, but I’ve noticed that I haven't matched or won a free game despite my "high" scores...

I think the problem is that I can't get the credit wheel to advance. If I close the uppermost switch on the credit unit I can get the knocker to fire.

So far I have checked the make break switches on the coin door making sure the back switch is open on each and the front is closed. I’ve made sure the machine is set to “Credit” and I cleaned the contacts. I also made sure that the “Match” is on and cleaned. The resistance of the step up coil is 4.

I’m not sure if I have the switches on the credit unit right.

This machine is set on free play by bending the top switch on the credit unit closed. The middle switch closes when the credit wheel advances, and the bottom switch is closed.

DSC03268_(resized).JPGDSC03268_(resized).JPG

These switches on top of the credit unit currently do nothing. They do not make contact no matter how the unit moves.
DSC03267_(resized).JPGDSC03267_(resized).JPG
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies!
Yes, it happens on all four players.
I believe I have the replay pins in the right spots.

Quoted from EMsInKC:I'll pull my game out tomorrow and check the switches to see what is what?

That would be great, thank you!

#8 8 years ago

Thanks, Mikala. I checked, but I didn't see this hack. I'd undo it, too.

#10 8 years ago

I checked the coin door switches, and I cleaned the contacts. The make/ break configuration seems right.

Question: Should the coin door switches add credits when they are made? Mine do not. They make the score motor turn, but no credits are added.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

I believe it beneficial to restore the credit unit to full function, then troubleshoot.

That makes sense. Does anyone have a picture of the credit unit in factory form, or know how the switches on top of the credit unit should close?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

You write about "The switches on top of the Unit currently do nothing" - I doubt that - I believe it is the "Make-and-Make-Switch CLOSING at start-procedure - when the RESET-Coil on Credit-Unit fires. You can see this switch at schema-E-3 - an "Outside-Blade" is moved -> ALL 3 blades will have contact. Do not fumble at that switch - otherwise You might have problems starting a game.

You're right, Rolf. When I was manually pressing the reset coil I wasn't pressing down far enough. These switches do move.

Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

You write: "and the bottom switch is closed" - I look closely at Your picture and believe: I see a GAP - switch is NOT closing. Do I see right ?

I would have said, no, the bottom switch is closed, but I checked with a white piece of paper behind it, and it was slightly open. I bent it closed, and now I have free games! The bottom switch was the culprit.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-no-free-games?tu=monsonb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.