• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KingNine
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0733.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Just got a Williams Grand Prix and have already worked out a lot of issues.
But still have a few problems

1. The left player bonus count down stepper unit is sitting between the two contacts instead of being in the center. (Photo Below). Is there an easy way to move the round wheel of contacts that 1/8 of an inch to get it back on center of the tabs. We tried loosening the big nut in the center but could not budge the orientation of the contacts.

2. The center 5000 point saucer at the top of the playfield always scores 5500 points. Both the 1000 chime and the 100 chime coils pulse 5 times together when the ball goes in the saucer. Very strange because no other 1000 point score will cause this. Just the saucer.

3. The game just started always being a 4 player game all the time. It will always, even on a single player game progress to player 2, 3, and 4 and then just get stuck on player 4 forever. The only way to get it back to player 1 is to credit up a new game.

Any ideas welcome with these 3 problems.
Below is a photo of our messes up bonus countdown stepper unit to show the contact between the two rivets.

IMG_0733.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

#5 8 years ago

Thanks guys. That will certainly help.
I will try the easy step first then if that does not work I will unscrew and adjust.

The thing about the 4 player every game is that it just started out of the blue.
We have played about 50 games perfectly with no issues on the player unit.
Then all of a sudden it just keeps moving through the players no matter what.
But it does reset itself back to player one if you coin up a new game.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

You don't need to take the sweeper apart to adjust. the plate is probably not square with the mount. You can adjust it with your hand. If you step back you will see it is crooked. Try to adjust by hand before breaking it down.
This was the simplest and first truck my tech taught me. Has resolved 90% of all the em issues I've had.

Holy cow.
I would never have believed it if I did not witness it with my own eyes.
Simply moving the slightly crooked plate 1/8 of an inch fixed all three problems at once.
I don't now how, but now, not only does the bonus count down correctly. The top saucer now only scores 5,000 points and not 5,500, and the 4 player game problem is no longer an issue.
This may just be the biggest miracle in pinball repair.
And the great thing is I have a witness that can back me up.
I will be telling this story for years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-issues?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.