20221002_171635 (resized).jpg
20220917_152148 (resized).jpg
392 (resized).jpg
11EDB49B-587D-48D2-8AE1-C3757F64F068 (resized).jpeg
24 (resized).jpg
79 (resized).jpg
86F09576-16EE-4013-BBE6-F5E19A5670AA (resized).jpeg
8CF9AAC6-5FA6-4E02-837C-2E68A6C1A444 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 8 years ago

Hopefully I won't be hated for this, but I've done two rethemes of Grand Prix machines. Now in my defense, the two playfields were pretty trashed, as were the black glasses (well, one not terrible and still have it) and the cabinets were not exactly great either. When I did these, I actually had a third playfield, and the third playfield which I still have, is in really good condition. That playfield was missing several mechs and one of the steppers had a fried coil, my best guess is that coil fried early in its life and it was pulled off location and then cannibalized.

The machines were re-themed in honor of a summer camp I used to work at, that was celebrating its 100th year. I had been wanting to do a retheme for it and played a buddies grand prix and immediately knew it was the perfect game (the row of lights would perfectly as 'bunk row' and 'tent row'). Given that is was celebrating a 100th anniversary, an EM seemed like the right thing, plus it would likely hold up better to a bunch of kinds banging on it, and that was a goal as well, to introduce 200 kids aged 8 to 15 to real pinball. The kids loved it.

The spinners, which look like the plaques the kids get at the end of the year that show what they did, rotate through activities, so Icons representing those, so as you do them, you advance up bunk or tent row)

Below are a few photos (I've got plenty more photos of the steps along the way as well as close ups of various sections, if anyone is interested, but did not want to upload a ton) . . . the first is proof it was a trashed playfield (second one was not quite as bad, but close enough)

If anyone has questions, happy to answer them. Again, don't hate me

IMG_0161_(resized).JPGIMG_0161_(resized).JPG

DSC_1223_(resized).JPGDSC_1223_(resized).JPG

DSC_1217_(resized).JPGDSC_1217_(resized).JPG

DSC_1220_(resized).jpegDSC_1220_(resized).jpeg

DSC_1221_(resized).JPGDSC_1221_(resized).JPG

1 year later
#121 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

good temporary fix

exactly, not like you would really want to use this vs a chime box. Adding a solid state component to an EM, yuck.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I had never heard of anything like it, perhaps because the game overlapped with the beginning of the Solid State era they tried to give the game a "modern sound"?

There was some small quantity made with this board, and was not long after this that the solid state era began. I have had three GP and one had the SS board, which I yanked out and put in a chime box.

There were 5 solid state prototype versions of the game made (the only system1 game), oddly enough those had the chime box and not the SS sound board.

5 years later
#219 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Has anyone made decals for the drop targets? Just recently picked one of these up and I'm going through it now

When I pulled up this thread there was an ad for replacement faces that was showing up on this page . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04551-reproduction-target-face-a-7073-1

Obviously replacing/riveting faces not quite as easy as putting on a decal.

1 year later
#242 76 days ago
Quoted from JRC6000:

Interesting, my arrows are white, and another I worked on for a friend were white also. I don't think I've ever seen red.

I’ve had three and all had red.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-fan-club?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.