(Topic ID: 125689)

Williams Grand Prix Bonus hole won't kickout.

By Arcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HD_Fatboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Just picked up a Williams Grand Prix. Very nice shape.
Everything seems to work great except the left bonus kickout saucer.
I did a search and found tons of bonus problem with this game, but not this problem.

The right side saucer works great. It counts down the bonus and then fires both kickout holes to clear the ball.
But the left side bonus hole will count down the bonus and never fire the kickout coils.
It have cleaned and adjusted the contacts under the saucer and checked wire solder, but no luck.
What would cause the right one to work fine but the left one to just sit there?
I know the coil and circuit are fine because it fires perfectly with the right kickout.

#2 8 years ago

Got it kicking out now. But the bonus stepper unit appears to stay between two rivers and not just touching one at a time. Also noticed our big red bonus arrow inserts never change sides. It always points left.

#3 8 years ago

Yay. Red arrow now switching sides.
Just have to get the stepper adjusted correctly and I think it will be good.

#4 8 years ago

How did you get the left bonus to kick out the ball?

#5 8 years ago

We adjusted the EOS switch on the stepper unit. Was not opening.
That is the first thing we did to the machine when we got it as it was the biggest problem with game play.

2 years later
#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We adjusted the EOS switch on the stepper unit. Was not opening.
That is the first thing we did to the machine when we got it as it was the biggest problem with game play.

I know this post is old, but which stepper unit did you adjust the EOS switch on. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-bonus-hole-wont-kickout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.