Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Grand-Prix-Work-22 (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-Work-21 (resized).jpg
0Grand-Prix-Work-20 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shawnandlacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Grand Prix that steps down the bonus (but does not award points) when the ball drains and then nothing happens. When you press start the ball kicks out and both 5000 point bonus lights light up. When points are scored the "Ball-Index-Relay" does not pull-in. I have cleaned all of the stepper units and switch contacts. Everything seems to be making proper connections but this is the first EM I have worked on, so there may be something I am not seeing. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

#4 6 years ago

The Left-Bonus-Relay pulls in until it steps down all the way then it stops pulling. When manually actuating the Outhole-Relay the Score Motor turns, both Left and Right Bonus-Relays try to step down and the Outhole Kicker fires.

#5 6 years ago

The Ball-Index-Relay stays pulling but will stop and advance the ball count if I manually actuate the Outhole-Relay.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help Rolf

I was wrong about the Bonus Stepper Units they both are stepping up.

Still no points given for bonus but manually activating the Outhole-Relay does kick out the second ball.

Shawn

#8 6 years ago

When I manually actuate the Ball-Index-Relay it is buzzing fairly loudly while pulling in.

#11 6 years ago

Hi Rolf
The Coil does not get hot after a few minutes of pulling.

"Manually" closing switch A on the Ball-Index-Relay does cause it to pull and keep pulling. "Manually" closing switch A on the Outhole-Relay causes it to pull but only while contact is made. I attached wires so I can remotely close switch A on the Ball-Index-Relay.

The Rod on the Bonus unit does move the Make-Brake-Switch when moving from One-Bonus down to Zero-Bonus.

I think the previous owner did something to the tilt pendulum as it does not function but if I push the Tilt-Relay on it does cause the Ball-Index-Relay to pull in.

All questioned contacts seem to be in good shape and functioning properly.

Sorry to reply so late, long day at work.

Thanks again for all of your help. Shawn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shawnandlacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-1979-ball-not-entering-play-after-drain?tu=shawnandlacy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.