You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coin unit (resized).jpg
DSC05575 (resized).JPG
DSC05574 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

hello I have problem with my Williams grand prix .
not accept 4 player only 2 player .
not give me credit with score point ..
extra ball work ok .and special work ok ..
thanks for you help ..

DSC05574 (resized).JPGDSC05574 (resized).JPG

DSC05575 (resized).JPGDSC05575 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Find your player count mechanism. Take it apart. clean the mechanisms and contacts. Put it back together. Make sure it moves easily without any catching or skipping. That should do the trick.

C2S

#3 5 years ago

thanks .the player count mechanism work ok .
the problem is when I press star button 1 time give me one player 2 times 2 player and after nothing happen ..

#4 5 years ago

check the player count mech. after that, look at the player 1-4 relays

#5 5 years ago

I guess this forum will never take my suggestion to pin to the top that unless you really know how to work on these games, do not buy a Grand Prix.

#6 5 years ago

First off, I envy your collection as I can see you have a Pit Stop and Spin Out next to the Grand Prix! I am a Pit Stop short of matching you!

As for your issue, someone here will help you as I had to fix 4 issues on mine as she can be a beast. That said, I had a similar issue I believe where the switch in the Coin Unit was triggered limiting me to 3 players vs 4 players. Perhaps take a look at the coin unit.

coin unit (resized).jpgcoin unit (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago

+1 to @spinout's comment. Player count is controlled by the coin unit, not the player unit. Watch the coin unit as you add players and make sure it steps up once per player added and resets properly when you turn the game off and add a player again. If not, describe which coils on it fire when and we can maybe narrow down the problem

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from abiliopx:

thanks .the player count mechanism work ok .
the problem is when I press star button 1 time give me one player 2 times 2 player and after nothing happen ..

Compare what the Reset relay, Coin relay, and Motor are doing when it gives the 2nd player to when it doesn't give the 3rd player.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I guess this forum will never take my suggestion to pin to the top that unless you really know how to work on these games, do not buy a Grand Prix.

GP isn’t significantly more complicated than other 4 player Williams games. The prob he’s having is generic.

The only difference is it has 2 bonus units versus most that have 1.

I learned on a GP and if I can do it anyone can.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

GP isn’t significantly more complicated than other 4 player Williams games. The prob he’s having is generic.
The only difference is it has 2 bonus units versus most that have 1.
I learned on a GP and if I can do it anyone can.

Agreed and I upvoted your post, Black_Knight . In addition, Williams games have the best documentation of any brand, making them more suitable for the handy beginner who wants to learn.

Do you really have 18 games? How 'bout a picture of your game room?

#11 5 years ago

Nope. Only 16. Sold a couple and hadn’t updated my list.

Lights are off and wife asleep on the couch or i’d take a pic. 10 ss/dmds in the big basement room 5 ems in the next room and a cocktail in our weekend house.

I had my GP, PitStop, Dale, checkpoint and I500 all line up together for race car themed league night.

Traded away my GP and now looking for a nice one if anybody has one.

#12 5 years ago

Thank so much people for you help .
I will check all information you give me .
and tell you later if is fixe 're problem .
this grand prix are very nice pinball .

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from abiliopx:

this grand prix are very nice pinball

Yes it is!
-Mike

#14 5 years ago

problem fixe .thanks for you help .
the problem whas in Player count is have switch is open after choice 4 players .in my pinball is open after choice 2 players????
I have adjust the switch and now is open after choice 3 players ..I try adjust for 4 players bet when is reset is not back the 1 player is back to2 players .now I know the problem is in this unity .with more time I will try find the best way for is give me 4 players and back well to 1 player ..

thanks peoples ..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-grand-prix-1976?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.