3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_5987 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Just curious if anyone has a recomendation for a score display replacement? I saw the "Williams System 3, 4 or 6 DIY Display kit - Wolffpac - Orange digits" on ebay. Seemed like a better idea than buying a used display that might go out in a short time anyway.

I'd like to keep the old high voltage displays if I could buy a new replacement but willing to go LED if I have too. Also... has anyone installed the replacement kits? How difficult is that.

#2 3 years ago

I went with the Pinscore kit. Very easy install. Turn the display brightness up and they look good.

#3 3 years ago

I used wolffpac tech for a firepower. It works very well.
But there are others I am sure are quite good too

#4 3 years ago

Used working displays will run you $25-$50 depending on where you get them. You can still buy new glass AFAIK for the displays but it's really expensive right now, probably over $50.

Wolfpak kit is about $120 IIRC I'd go that route. You can't mix LED/plasma displays on williams games, it's all plasma or all LED because of the driver circuit.

#5 3 years ago

Just as side note, if you dont want to put the WP display together, contact him and he will assemble it for you for a reasonable fee.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ClintTarter:

Just curious if anyone has a recomendation for a score display replacement? I saw the "Williams System 3, 4 or 6 DIY Display kit - Wolffpac - Orange digits" on ebay. Seemed like a better idea than buying a used display that might go out in a short time anyway.
I'd like to keep the old high voltage displays if I could buy a new replacement but willing to go LED if I have too. Also... has anyone installed the replacement kits? How difficult is that.

I just put the Wolffpac RED displays in Gorgar $100 shipped directly through the website. I also put some red colored cellophane film over the LED's (the overhanging foam bezel works well to hold the film) which hides the white lines of the unlit segments very well. It is about 420 solder connections to assemble the kit.

100_5987 (resized).jpg100_5987 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-gorgar-score-display-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.