Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

91b3d0677e8d8f7ba2a4e974922c2cc52d32ab39 (resized).jpg
8ee458a80a9c217f71e1e0311dbde735cf675e11 (resized).jpg
00d4a14f4bd8f44dc65206a38484ad3c0ae6eb2d (resized).jpg
2018-10-17 17_11_41-3D design Supercharger Bridge _ Tinkercad (resized).png
2018-10-17 17_11_27-3D design Supercharger Bridge _ Tinkercad (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

This sign is prone to break.... at least mine broke.... so I created a new sign, that re-uses the original front-plastic.
A new sign that looks way cooler, but still has the original "attitude" and is hopefully more stable!

I published the 3D files over at thingiverse for non commercial use!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3160577
So feel free to print your own sign!
Make sure to use LED's with this, as PLA is not very resistant to heat generated from the normal bulbs...!!!

If you don't want to print yourself....
You can order the parts needed at my Shapeways-Shop:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/olligpinballmods
Look for the correct shop-category...!
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/olligpinballmods?section=Getaway+-+Supercharger+Bridge&s=0
(........ Don't blame me for the high Shapeways Prices .... my earning is about 6-8€ on each set! .........)

If you print yourself or order a kit... please post pictures here in this thread! Thank you!

00d4a14f4bd8f44dc65206a38484ad3c0ae6eb2d (resized).jpg00d4a14f4bd8f44dc65206a38484ad3c0ae6eb2d (resized).jpg2018-10-17 17_11_27-3D design Supercharger Bridge _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-17 17_11_27-3D design Supercharger Bridge _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-17 17_11_41-3D design Supercharger Bridge _ Tinkercad (resized).png2018-10-17 17_11_41-3D design Supercharger Bridge _ Tinkercad (resized).png8ee458a80a9c217f71e1e0311dbde735cf675e11 (resized).jpg8ee458a80a9c217f71e1e0311dbde735cf675e11 (resized).jpg91b3d0677e8d8f7ba2a4e974922c2cc52d32ab39 (resized).jpg91b3d0677e8d8f7ba2a4e974922c2cc52d32ab39 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Well done!

#4 5 years ago

I’m certainly in for a printed kit!

#5 5 years ago

Hopefully finished kits will be for sale. Not everybody has 3d printer. I guesd Shapeways is an option.

#6 5 years ago

very nice, interested as well

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Not everybody has 3d printer. I guesd Shapeways is an option.

Boy, I have enough hobbies for the moment without getting another tech gadget (Pinball, jukeboxes, physical fitness, drones, building PCs, photography and work). I appreciate SuperPinball for the initiative to print and sell the mod as a kit.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Boy, I have enough hobbies for the moment without getting another tech gadget (Pinball, jukeboxes, physical fitness, drones, building PCs, photography and work). I appreciate superpinball for the initiative to print and sell the mod as a kit.

Am I missing something ?it seems that he has not indicated whether or not he will sell kits in finished form.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Am I missing something ?it seems that he has not indicated whether or not he will sell kits in finished form.

You’re correct, I’m hoping he makes a kit for those of us without a 3D printer and too lazy to order from Shapeways.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

This sign is prone to break.... at least mine broke.... so I created a new sign, that re-uses the original front-plastic.
A new sign that looks way cooler, but still has the original "attitude" and is hopefully more stable!
I published the 3D files over at thingiverse for non commercial use!
So feel free to print your own sign!
If you do... please post pictures here in this thread! Thank you!
Make sure to use LED's with this, as PLA is not very resistant to heat generated from the normal bulbs...!!!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3160577
Maybe I'll offer printed kits later...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

from one modder / designer to another, real nice work - well done and I agree with others put it up on Shapeways, easy to do and then make a few pinball kitty dollars along the way and that way you don't need to make kits. Open up the colour options for the parts and high quality black part and then no painting required.

Go to the link, setup an account and add your files and make sure to add pinball as a search word

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=pinball&sort=newest

#11 5 years ago

But he could make a ton of money selling turn-key kit to guys like me too lazy to order from Shapeways.

#12 5 years ago

Personally I think Shapeways is super super confusing and annoying
Big polished images and advertising for themselves everywhere... Making it hard to get to the essence of things...

I can upload a model file and order it... Great...
When I want to open a shop... They say: you can't open a shop without a product...
When I click create a product...I can upload a model again and then they want to charge 499$ minimum ? What???
What am I doing wrong?

Update:
And they need to get their vocabulary straight... Design, Project, Product....
In the shop they say... you need a product... but there is no button "create product" but you can create a design/project ... I'm too stupid for shapeways...

Update2:
Ok...I'm dumb .... will offer this MOD ad Shapeways soon... stay tuned!

I was thinking to open a shop on i.materialise.com
Maybe this works better... bit I did not check it out yet......

#13 5 years ago

If you need any help just ask as got plenty of experience on shapeways, also most of your potential buyers are going to be in the US so freight for those guys will be $5USD so better chance of selling parts.

I also use imaterialise which are great for larger parts but there smaller parts are 50% more than shapeways.

As for Shapeways
- setup an account
- then when logged in go to the 9 dot shape on the left top side and there is a option to upload a model
- then once uploaded select the model and open it, first screen does a model checks, so select the material of choice and then once happy there will be a option on the right side to sell the product
- then go down the list and add the material options, it will show the production cost and then add your royalty amount
- add search words, description and select the model orientation THEN hit save as there is a bug in saving before setting your orientation.

Hope that helps

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

If you need any help just ask as got plenty of experience on shapeways, also most of your potential buyers are going to be in the US so freight for those guys will be $5USD so better chance of selling parts
- add search words, description and select the model orientation THEN hit save as there is a bug in saving before setting your orientation.
Hope that helps

Yeah that helped a lot...thanks.... my shapeways shop is on its way ... stay tuned ... will update the OP once it is done! (~1h from now )

#15 5 years ago

Ok.... here we go... my shop goes online

I thought the parts would be cheaper.... don't blame me for the Shapeways prices

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/olligpinballmods

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-getaway-supercharger-sign-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.