• Latest reply 3 years ago by luch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GetawayHighScore (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

My first post on the forum although I have used it often to look up issues. Thanks for all the help in the past. The ball launcher on my getaway was getting weak and finally stopped working all together. The solenoid has 72 v on one leg but nothing on the other (brown). I trace the brown wire back to the high current driver board where brown comes in at 72v from the power board but does not exit to the solenoid. I didn't know much about the power board so I replaced it, thinking it wasn't passing on the voltage. That didn't change anything. I inspected the coil and found the wire (winding) going to the back of the brown lug was broken. I think my question is are these two different issues or am I not getting any voltage to the brown leg because the coil wire is broken?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaes:

I think my question is are these two different issues or am I not getting any voltage to the brown leg because the coil wire is broken?

You aren't getting any voltage to the brown leg because the coil wire is broken.

Just solder it back onto the terminal, you will want to sand off the coating on the magnet wire before trying to solder it on, you will know its ready when you see a nice shinny copper color.

#3 3 years ago

Yea, when I stepped back and looked at the situation that only seems logical. I got locked into the power board readings before i noticed the broken wire. I had hooked the coil wire back to the brown connector but didn't do a good job of attaching it since the tab on the coil is broken, so it didn't fix it. I reattached everything with a good solder joint and it is now working. Thanks for your help.

Maybe you can answer another question. Does the score go into the billions? My wife (Retired California Highway Patrol officer for 27 years, 17 on a motor) got into the 900 millions and she aborted not knowing the limits of the scoreboard.

Thanks again for your help.

GetawayHighScore (resized).jpgGetawayHighScore (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

yes it does go into billions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 72.50
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 40.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-getaway-ii-ball-launcher-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.