9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I had a similar problem but doubt it's related on my old FH. I got no sound when I turned it on but did in test just like you. If turned off and right back on it would be fine. I thought maybe a cap was going as it was draining and off and on was recharging it but I was way off.

It ended up being my PDB (As I sent the board out as I screwed up and wired in a flipper coil wrong and friend a transistor - they updated the board while in there, etc.) but not noticeable at first. I did a PF swap and came to be after that so I figured I had to have caused it. I ended up sending the board to the same repair place and they found some bad caps to replace, replaced the amp, updated sound ROM's, reflowed headers and checked fuses. Thought I was set and it still did it. Another local tech was able to figure it out the issue- Thanks Ryan! I don't do board work so I wish I could explain more but it wasn't what I would've thought.

Long story short, check your voltages and make sure that's ok.

My old post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-sound-on-start-up-on-funhouse-but-works-after-hitting-test-button#post-1141800

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I had a similar problem but doubt it's related on my old FH. I got no sound when I turned it on but did in test just like you. If turned off and right back on it would be fine. I thought maybe a cap was going as it was draining and off and on was recharging it but I was way off.
It ended up being my PDB (As I sent the board out as I screwed up and wired in a flipper coil wrong and friend a transistor - they updated the board while in there, etc.) but not noticeable at first. I did a PF swap and came to be after that so I figured I had to have caused it. I ended up sending the board to the same repair place and they found some bad caps to replace, replaced the amp, updated sound ROM's, reflowed headers and checked fuses. Thought I was set and it still did it. Another local tech was able to figure it out the issue - Thanks Ryan! I don't do board work so I wish I could explain more but it wasn't what I would've thought.
Long story short, check your voltages and make sure that's ok.
My old post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-sound-on-start-up-on-funhouse-but-works-after-hitting-test-button#post-1141800

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

No problem and good luck. It was annoying for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 29.95
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-funhouse-no-sound-unless-entering-menudiagnostics?tu=dmacy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.