Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm a little new to the pinball world but bought my family a Funhouse over Christmas. It had a few issues that I've fixed so far thanks to this forum. But out of nowhere its started making a noise that sounds like its shorting. I've looked and don't see anything that resembles it on the forum. It's hard to explain so I made a clip of the sound.

And insight or help would be much appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

that looks like the most fun metronome ever!

#3 6 years ago

You need to post that in the SS forum. This is EM.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

You need to post that in the SS forum. This is EM.

Moved

#5 6 years ago

Is the clicking affected by the volume control?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is the clicking affected by the volume control?

Wondering the same thing.

I had to turn up the sound to hear muffled sound effects that are recognizable (I can identify the sounds from the left ramp, crazy steps and mystery mirror) that almost seem to be playing intermittently and incompletely beneath the clicking.

Strictly a pinball maintenance layperson here but my hunch is whatever is wrong is in the sound board. Is Rudy's speech clear or crackly/distorted? I can't hear him at all in that clip.

#7 6 years ago

Thank you all for answering!
Rudy’s voice suffers the same as the music. Drowned out under the clicking. Volume control doesn’t appear to affect the clicking. Clicking sound remains constant regardless of volume.
Another interesting thing is that the clicking is not a constant. It does it for a minute or two, then stops for 30 to 120 seconds, then returns.
I’m traveling for work this week, I’ll try to take a better video when I get home tomorrow. The kids love it, so I’d love to get it back up and running but that clicking sound gets teal old, really fast.

#8 6 years ago

I have had some odd sound issues with my funhouse as well. I started with unplugging and reconnecting the ribbon cable (both ends) that is connected to the sound board. Problem went a way for a while and then came back. Second time, I pulled the sound board and reflowed all of the connectors on the board. Knock on wood, no issues recently...

2 weeks later
#9 6 years ago

Thank you all. I've finally gotten a much longer video that captures Rudy's voice getting the glitch and the music recovering. It appears that its triggered by a music change. Any help is appreciated.

#10 6 years ago

Maybe reburn the sound ROMs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-funhouse-making-strange-click?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.