6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by smohr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

When the score motor cycles thru and just before it stops, there is a groaning sound. See youtube clip

The sound was already there when I picked this project machine up 2 years ago. It functions as it should, but this groaning is now consistant, so I'm thinking it's about time to correct that. I have never dabbled in the score motor and not sure where to start on this. I would like to try and make this as painless as possible.

I also have a Williams Swinger and that score motor is quiet.

Thanks
Steve

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. After taking the shield off (thanks for the link curriedog) like you, I cleaned it up and also applied a few drops of oil in the port and success, no more noise, quiet.

thanks again
Steve

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smohr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fun-fest-score-motor-groaning?tu=smohr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.