(Topic ID: 182190)

Williams Fun-Fest only goes to 3 players

By currieddog

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My game won't advance to the 4th player. Start button doesn't do anything after third is in. Also, swing reel doesn't always go back to 0 between plays.

#2 7 years ago

chk your credit unit, can you manually advance it to 4 players? and back again?
it may be wound too far, and a roll pin may be on the wrong side of a switch blade.???
clean/lube/adjust that swing reel.

#3 7 years ago

I played 3, then played again and it only went to 3 players.

#4 7 years ago

Hi currieddog
Dr_of_Style mentioned the "Credit Unit" sitting on the bottom - in the middle of the cabinet. This Stepper-Unit has position-Zero (1-Player-Game) - this is the "resetted" position. It can be stepped up to pos-1 (2-Player-Game) then up to pos-2 (3-Player-Game) and NOW by stepping up to pos-3 (4-Player-Game) a "rod mounted on the wheel" OPENS a two-bladed switch having soldered-on: Wire-white-brown, wire-white-blue. IF (if) this switch does FAULTY open too early: The fault in Your pin.
ALSO: IF (if) the spring wound around the axis on this wheel is tightended WAY too much: The mechanical force trying to step-up is not powerful enough. LOOK at the Unit when starting a 2,3 player game - see the plunger on the Unit actuate --- well, and when You try to start for the 4th player: Do You see "just a bit of movement on this plunger" ?

Swing Reel (?) --- here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=972&picno=36603 - the number "between the feet of the old man dancing" ? When the fault happens: It does step a step or two steps (ore more steps) - but not step completely --- OR it does NOT STEP AT ALL ?

IF (if, if) it does some steps but quits stepping too early: On the underneathside of the playfield is mounted: Special Reel Reset Relay. Try: press the armature / anchor-plate of this relay --- does then the Swing Reel steps ? The schematic is a bit complicated - please write about " It does step a step or two steps (ore more steps) - but not step completely --- OR it does NOT STEP AT ALL ?", greetings Rolf

#5 7 years ago

Thanks Rolf! Will check

#6 7 years ago

Ooops, missed about the Swing Reel: no, it's above the 'F' in Fun. The one you refer to is game credits. Swing Reel steps up each time the ball goes in the hole at the top of the playfield, and gives an extra ball or replay if you get to 5 or 7. It should reset to 0 after each play, but sometimes it stops at 8 or 9.

#7 7 years ago

I think what you're talking about is the "coin unit."

#8 7 years ago

Hi Currie. oops, my bad...I was referring to the player unit.
if the game has credits, it shud go to 4 players if you want.
chk the player unit carefully.
it shud manually go from 0 to 4 players, then reset back to 0 without hangin up.
clean/lube/adjust.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fun-fest-only-goes-to-3-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.