Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fun-Fest-Mod-01 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi
some pins are of the category "skill is needed" - some are "luck is needed". The Fun Fest is of second category --- a good pin to play with friends who seldom / never play pinball (everybody sometimes has luck).

As it is not very often that I play with such friends: I have taken out some of "luck is needed" - I took out of order the feature "triple*** bonus at end of the last ball" and I changed the logic in "opening the Gate on the lower right side of the playfield". Both modifications can easily be undone.

The "please no triple*** bonus": I have cut a connecting wire (and mounted an plug to plug together when I want the feature functioning --- when I play alone: I have the plug unplugged). See on the bottom of the JPG - the "red G".

The "opening of the Gate" - in the JPG - on the bottom of the Advance-Unit: I added "my orange wiring" - when I unplug I then have "original" - when I plug-in I then can open the gate whenever one of the "marked red bulbs" is lit - so I used paint and painted two bulbs "red" --- see the lower left corner in the JPG.

Original logic of play - opening the Gate: Hitting an "my blue A" target on top of the playfield opens the "Ball Return" on the bottom-left - this is quite easy to get.
To open the "Gate on the bottom right, 'my blue B' ": A lot has to be done --- the "stepping clockwise" light in the 'my blue G area' " has to be stopped stepping - in the position "outmost left" or "outmost right" - the stepping is done clockwise. To stop the lights stepping: I must hit an "my blue E Target" - and so the indicating lights (my blue F) light up telling me. Then I must hit the "Swinging Target - my blue C" - then the Gate opens. So it is seldom that I can open the Gate when the pin is in "original logic".
The swinging target (my blue C) swings and swings - constantly throughout the whole game. Every time the swinging target is in "outmost left" position: One step clockwise on the stepping lights is done. When I hit the swinging target when the "my blue F" are not lit: I simply get 100 points.

Original logic of play - "end of ball bonus": When the ball enters the Outhole I am given whatever is lit on the stepped lights (my blue D). So in balls 1,2,3,4 I get 1000 or 3000 or 5000 points. and on the last, fifth ball this is tripled*** !!! - I get 3000 or 9000 or 15'000 points. Playing a competition with a friend - I loose the last ball gaining three times 1000 points - my competitor looses the last ball gaining three*** times 5000 points --- the difference (3000 versus 15'000) is 12'000 points - pure luck in the last second of the play --- too much "factor luck" for me - so I took out of order the "Triple*** Bonus Relay". Greetings Rolf

0Fun-Fest-Mod-01 (resized).jpg0Fun-Fest-Mod-01 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2 6 years ago

I like the change to have more chances to get the right gate to open. I will do this to mine also. My wife likes the "luck factor" on the triple bonus so I better not mess with that right now!!

#3 6 years ago

I sold my F-F but would have never messed with the Triple Bonus after all the time it took me to get it working right! Tracked it to a cold solder on the Break relay-and how many of those have you ever seen?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fun-fest-modification and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.