• 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180816_141800 (resized).jpg
Williams_Full_House_instruction_cards.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1256 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
20180807_170942 (resized).jpg
20180806_231402 (resized).jpg
20180805_221600 (resized).jpg
20180805_221445 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, Picked up a Full House today, Apparently it was fully working but then it would not kick the ball into the shooter lane.

Heres what I got so far. I am new to ems, I have fixed an Argosy in the past but this is quite different. I noticed the outhole switch was gapped so wide it took like an inch of travel to close. So I adjusted the switch and now when I start a game all that happens is the score motor keeps spinning. The machine will reset correctly if there is any score. However there is a number 8 In the small window, I dont know if that is supposed to change to 0 or not.

If I manually put the ball in the shooter lane the game all works correctly, everything scores, and works but once the ball drains the switch just triggers the score motor.

Also the "balls in play" do not do anything on the backglass. At one point I saw them flash quickly from 1 to 5 but that has not happened again, so it is not a bulb issue. If I plunge the ball and play it and then it drains and I once again plunge it, not a single light on the ball in play is lit.

Also there is a coil on the back of the cabinet, next to the knocker. I have no idea what this coil is, there a wire broken off it. It seems to me this coil is nothing because there isnt a sleeve or anything?? any idea?

And Lastly. When you plug this in, nothing happens. If I hit the start button on the cabinet then it acts accordingly. Is this correct? Is it possible this is on free play??

#2 5 years ago

Oo so found something that surprised me. The octopus style blade on this mech was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. I found the original nut for it and re attached. Now when i turn the game on. It resets and then shows me the number 6 on the bottom panel and says game over now. Credit switches dont do anything. Bonus still doesnt reset and now the playfield is inactive so i cant manually plunge the ball.

20180805_221445 (resized).jpg20180805_221445 (resized).jpg20180805_221600 (resized).jpg20180805_221600 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

That doesn’t look like Danny tanner and uncle Jesse and Joey?? I see the girls but I guess they grew up?

#4 5 years ago

Was the finger wheel put back on at correct position? Don't recal if that one can be put on wrong or not, just asking.
I would assume it is the correct one and not an incorrect one someone was trying to replace original with and that's why it was off?

Just throwing ideas out there

#5 5 years ago

If machine was "mostly working" but it has sat a while, you may just plain have more than a couple dirty/misadjusted switches and connectors as well.

Make sure no coils or anything are gunked up and sticking.

#6 5 years ago

So, when you press the reset button, with the ball in the outhole, the score reels reset and the machine stops the reset process?

It looks like the machine is doing an incomplete reset process. If the wiper blades on the stepper unit were reinstalled incorrectly, then it could prevent the machine from doing a complete reset. On the stepper unit that you reinstalled the wiper blades, what happens when you manually advance the stepper? A switch that controls power to the score motor is not staying closed long enough to complete the reset process, which might be affected by one of the stepper units...

#7 5 years ago

From what i see looking at the blades they are mirrored identically around the circle so i dont think it can be put on wrong. I can definitely try and flip it since its just one nut. I havent tried to manually advance this yet with the machine on

With the ball in the outhole now the score reels do reset to 0000 and the machine stops the reset process. HOWEVER, the bonus reel does not reset at all, and what I noticed now is the reel that I reinstalled the blades on, the coil keeps firing on it repeatedly but its not turning the reel or anything, the upper coil.

Is this the credit reel? What is the number 6 on the back box now?

#8 5 years ago

So, when you press the start button, the machine starts to reset, but the score reels don't reset and the stepper unit solenoid keeps energizing? Or when you turn on the machine, does that stepper unit solenoid keep energizing?

The reason the stepper unit is not moving might be because it's already in the full reset position, and the solenoid being energized is the stepper reset solenoid. You'll need to manually advance and reset that stepper unit to see what it operates on the machine. Does the stepper have two solenoids attached to it? I'm not sure what the "bonus" reel operates. Are you referring to a stepper unit?... Also, does the score motor keep running when you turn on the machine or when you try to reset the machine?

If the game over light is on in the backglass and the number 6 is lit on the backglass, then the 6 is a match number that shows at the end of the game.

The credit reel is in the backbox. It has a white wheel with small black numbers 0 to 15 (approximately), which show through a very small window on the backglass...

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

From what i see looking at the blades they are mirrored identically around the circle so i dont think it can be put on wrong. I can definitely try and flip it since its just one nut.

You dont mean flip it over do you?! You have the correct side down. It may be possible that it is installed at the wrong start position. Like maybe it needed to go on 180 degrees before putting nut on. Like setting timing on an old car (kind of).

#10 5 years ago

Game is now fully working.

I had that piece on wrong. There is a rectangle hole in the center. I thought it didnt matter which was it was on because at quick glance it was the same no matter the orientation, i took it off to trace it on paper to see and when i took it off it was clear that 1 way was different than the other. Flipped it around, started machine and the score reset and bam the ball popped out the outhole!! Played 5 balls everything works!

Now. I still have this mysterious coil on the back of the cabinet with a broken wire. The coil looks like shit so i dont wanna reconnect this unless its important but like i said i just played a 5 ball game no problem

20180806_231402 (resized).jpg20180806_231402 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

Looks like a bell....missing the bell...

#12 5 years ago

Post irrelevant.

#13 5 years ago

The coil chart for Full house lists a "Large bell and knocker" inside the cabinet.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/961/Williams_1966_Full_House_Parts_Sheet_submitted_by_Steve_Corley.pdf

#14 5 years ago

Ok cool. I wonder what the bell is for, everything seems to chime correctly. Maybe its for bonus match or special? Any idea if i can find the bell for this?

#15 5 years ago

According to the schematic on ipdb, the large bell coil is found at reference point G-21.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/961/Williams_1966_Full_House_Schematic_submitted_by_Steve_Corley.pdf

If you trace downward, you can see the bell coil is supposed to be fired by switches in both the 10-point and 100-point relays.

You mentioned chimes. Perhaps some prior owner retrofitted chimes into your machine?

#16 5 years ago

Ah i meant the bell. There is a bell in the backbox that goes off. I haven't got to far into this because i been at work, i will test and see if there is a bell for 10 or 100 points

I know there really isnt a manual so is there any hope of me replacing the bell? Should technically any bell work

#17 5 years ago

Ok so i got some issues still now that i have got time to check it out. The only way the game is playable is if this is how the switch is (see image) if i put it like this then it works perfect.

When the ball 5 drains it says game over and i hit start it goes into the constant score motor turning and the coil that is on the top of this piece in picture keeps firing over and over but its not making anything move, its connected to that small lever that goes down and should in turn let the credit wheel spin but it does not.

20180807_170942 (resized).jpg20180807_170942 (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago

It's trying but not completing the reset. Make sure those two switches toward the bottom are open when it does this. You can manually open them with a finger when it's cycling. If the coil quits you know that's it. They should touch when it steps back up once.

There is more than one bell for different points scored.

#19 5 years ago

I also just realized this is the ball count unit. Not credit. Credits work now though. Im gonna see what happens when i open both these switches later on, had to run out.

Also thanks so much everyone for the help. Greatly appreciated

#20 5 years ago

If the Coin relay stays energized with the Ball Count unit is trying to reset, check this switch on the Ball Count unit. Be careful because this circuit runs on full 120 volts.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#21 5 years ago

I think I might have figured out the issue and I dont think its switch related.

When I originally was trying to put this switch piece back on the cog side unwound. At first I didnt think anything of this because hell I didnt know. I wound it up a couple times and thats where I was at.

Reading through pinrepair I realized it was kinda important to know how much it was wound.

So basically I wound it up a few times, realized it was now to tight, and then unwound it to the point it will count 5 balls and reset back to ball 1. This now works as it should HOWEVER, it is not perfect still. Again following pinrepairs page, I think I need to lube the fingers with the Teflon Gel Lube. This is what im gonna try and find at the hardware store.

If I unwind one more time it doesnt have enough spring to reset, If I wind one more time its to tight and wont get through balls 2 and 3. So I think I found the sweet spot, I just need some lube, It resets but it does it slow enough I can watch the count in the backglass go from 5,4,3,2,1.

#22 5 years ago

You sure it isnt gunked up further? A full tear down, degrease, re lube with teflon gel is your best bet. If each connecting piece is gunked a little, the "total" gunk will make it slow. Lubing the fingers is just as an extra help. It should already be pretty smooth before thst, though

#23 5 years ago

Sounds like a good thing to do then. I will take this apart tomorrow and see how she looks as a package

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Sounds like a good thing to do then. I will take this apart tomorrow and see how she looks as a package

I like to take pics before and after each part I remove as I lay it out like dissecting it.

I've been suprised with how much gunk winds up being between the little metal pieces. Small dab of super teflon lube in each as you reassemble is my recommendation

#25 5 years ago

I don't recall off hand, and I could very well be wrong, but even with old spring, I,dont think I had to wind more than 2-3 winds fyi last time I did one.
But others can help more as well, I'm sure.

#26 5 years ago

Yeah pinrepair said something like 3 or 4 windings. Im not sure honestly what mine has. Its not super tight. It probably only has 4 since i wound it a bunch but backed way off it.

I found pbr has the 10/100 point bell. With coil and plunger its like 60$ which is like half what i paid for this game haha

#27 5 years ago

just played 5 games back to back no issues, didnt have to manually reset it or anything. So far so good, Still wanna teflon lube the contacts lol

Thanks for all the help everyone, this was a nice turn around

Also found out that the score switch that I found sitting on the bottom of the cabinet was marked at its reset position by a previous owner haha, would have been nice to know that originally, It was painted red, which is probably why I didnt see it.

#28 5 years ago

The more you play it the more kinks may "magically" vanish.
Some Williams had a wooden chime box back there IMG_1256 (resized).JPGIMG_1256 (resized).JPG

#29 5 years ago

Well theres a bell on the coil list. and I have the 1 point bell in the backbox, and watching other youtube videos the 10 and 100 are the same sound. Im gonna grab one from PBR next week if I can, I need new pop bumper caps too These are fine just super faded

1 week later
#30 5 years ago

Full House Instruction Cards pdf

Williams_Full_House_instruction_cards.pdfWilliams_Full_House_instruction_cards.pdf
#31 5 years ago

Huge thanks!

20180816_141800 (resized).jpg20180816_141800 (resized).jpg
#32 5 years ago

Really good game. The first time I saw one of those Williams wooden chime boxes, I thought it was home made.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-full-house?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.